1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Chris Isaak "Wicked Game"

Discussion in 'music classifieds' started by Joolzdee, May 6, 2020.

1. Joolzdee

Joolzdee pfm Member

Does anyone have an ex/mint copy of the above LP they'd like to sell me?
    PM please..
    Thanks

2. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Prices are a bit all over the place on Discogs, but you should be able to find one there for £20-30 inc. postage.

3. puddlesplasher

puddlesplasher pfm Member

I'll get back to you later as I may have a copy.

4. Joolzdee

Joolzdee pfm Member

Thanks Vinny... Lots on Discogs but would prefer to source a copy from a fellow Fishie if possible. I've found Discogs to be a bit of a lottery with regards to condition and descriptions tbh.

5. Joolzdee

Joolzdee pfm Member

Thanks puddlesplasher.... Much appreciated!!

6. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

I haven't bought huge numbers via Discogs, but the problem seems to be the coarseness of the grading system. Buy mint or near mint and I have never been disappointed - many mint state unopened/still sealed. Go down the scale beyond that at your peril - I bought a V Good last week but the many quiet sections were full of random and varying hiss and for 2-3-4 rev's on the end of the last track a scratch produced a high-pitched squeak and a pop. That is in the post back to the seller....

7. reefhead

reefhead Left of the dial

I have an original press if you’re still looking - prob only played once or twice and thus looks in great condition.

8. Joolzdee

Joolzdee pfm Member

Hi reefhead
    Yes I'd be interested.... How much are you looking for?
    Cheers

9. reefhead

I’ll drop you a pm

10. Joolzdee

Joolzdee pfm Member

And replied...

11. reefhead

Sold to that man!

12. Joolzdee

Joolzdee pfm Member

Now sorted.... Many thanks to reefhead!!

13. Joolzdee

Joolzdee pfm Member

I've had a mixed bag ranging from "mint" to "bin fodder". Now I'll only buy on Discogs from sellers with 100% seller ratings earned over many transactions, and I'll only buy items rated at mint. As well as being disappointing, it's an absolute PITA to have the hassle of repacking records and returning them.(even more so at the moment).
    Records I've bought from fellow Forum members (enthusiasts), and of course Tony L,
    have always arrived in better than described condition, timely and more than fairly priced!!

deebster likes this.
  14. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Well it takes all sorts I suppose, I've bought loads of stuff from Tony L and couldn't fault anything, all excellent value and well described however I did buy two Blue Nile records from a fellow member here, which were both described as mint mint, and all I can say is that the guy must have a funny interpretation of the word mint means, at best one of the records, which is about 40 years old now, was G G or practically non playable/ruined the other one was fine and none of them were cheap but I kept them cause both are super rare and I had sold my original copy of the wrecked one for buttons about fifteen years when I moved house.

15. Joolzdee

Joolzdee pfm Member

Received in great nick and playing now...
    Thanks Mark.

16. reefhead

Pleased it’s being re-appreciated!