1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Cornwall recommendations holiday in Oct

Discussion in 'off topic' started by cutting42, Sep 5, 2019.

1. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

no interest in vege shit.

2. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

Philim likes this.
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered pfm Member

One doesn't have to be a veggie to enjoy a no meat pastry. I had several steak pasties when I was there in July and none were as good as the Pengenna c&o.

gintonic likes this.
  4. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

This thread is like an episode of Mum.

Weekender likes this.
  5. gintonic

see they have a branch in bude, could stop on our way to Woolacombe on our journey hone

6. blossomchris

You have actually watched it!

Bloss

7. venton

venton pfm Member

Go to Wadebridge, hire bikes and cycle along the beautiful river Camel to Padstow along the Camel trail. Pop the bikes into the rack (lock provided by rental) and get fish and chips. Wander down to the beach, lovely views of the sea, then cycle back. Totally flat, as it would be alongside a river. Great day out.

http://www.bridgebikehire.co.uk/

Weekender and cutting42 like this.
  8. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

probably has been a decade since was last there

9. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Agreed. Done it with family I think four times now.
    Easy and good day out.

venton likes this.
  10. Darth Vader

Darth Vader From the Dark Side

Philps.

Cheers,

DV

Ponty likes this.
  11. jon l

jon l pfm Member

seconded

12. Philim

Philim pfm Member

Ann's pasty ur no.

13. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

They’re not bad and I would happily eat one but used to be better. Philps are, IMHO #1. They are a tremendous pasty maker. A while ago it used to be Blewetts in Truro or Choaks in Falmouth. Rowe’s used to be decent but have sadly declined into the ranks of very mediocre mass offerings.

14. Philim

Philim pfm Member

My 9 yo daughter has chipped in with warrens (not convinced) and wife Cornish oven
    Being as I'm gf now and only buy off Truro market I will concede my normo pasty recommendations are 3 year old. Lol

15. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Warrens claim to be the oldest but are grim IMO. You get Ann’s from the Cornish food box on Lemon St Market? It’s a top choice in the absence of Philps.

16. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Newly was a prominent Art school in late 19th early 20th c and there is still a lot of art galleries large and small around

17. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

If you're on the Liazard or south-side of the Helford, Gear Farm Shop at St.Martin.

18. blossomchris

There was a couple of land/seascapes on the wall in the Star, painted by one of the girl friends of a local Jack Tar. I did ask if any were for sale, not intending to buy, and none were for sale.

Bloss

19. Philim

Philim pfm Member

Just been to Looe and polperro today. Looe feels a bit old but polperro is really nice. Don't park in the car park as it's a rip off. Go slightly out and park up the hill.

20. gintonic

Polperro-we were there for a couple of days last week. Trick is to find a B&B with a carpark owned by a man who cooks a top notch breakfast

walked the Polperro to Looe footpath