1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus masks?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Ragaman, Mar 22, 2020.

1. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Masks that actually filter virus should be reserved for health care workers doing shifts in high risk environments.

Homemade fabric masks are useful for protecting you by keeping your fingers out of your mouth and nose. The also subdue projection of droplets, protecting others if you are infected.

flapland and jackbarron like this.
  2. h.g.

h.g. pfm Member

I was in screwfix two days ago to get some P3 replacement filters in order to drag out some broken "asbestos" sheeting in the narrow gap behind my garage. They had a pair of filters in stock which turned out to have the wrong fitting. They also had several mask in stock but they were expensive £100 ones which were too much for me. If you are feeling rich and prepared to use non-disposable masks then there may still be some in stock at your local screwfix.

3. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Then go into the bank with a banana in your pocket and ask for a large withdrawal.

TheDecameron likes this.
  4. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

the Sunday Times reports of a private Harley Street Cardiologist who made £2.5 million last week alone selling 6664 of the tests privately. He charges treble what his supplier sells them for. He thinks he’s done nothing wrong. They name him and show a picture of him.
    I suspect he is going to be self isolating soon and what’s left of him when the public have finished with him is struck off.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  5. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Good old blitz spirit. Don't forget the blitz was what gave us spivs knocking out black market meat at a premium. Nothing's changed.

TheDecameron and Roger Adams like this.
  6. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

Don’t think so, at least not in an environment with nasty bugs around. Single use = once you put it on your face, it shouldn’t be reused. As soon as you take it off your face it should be binned (although a doctor told me if he’s short of supplies he sterilizes by popping them in an oven at 65C for 15-20’).
    Plus wash hands thoroughly after taking it off, as you don’t know what’s lurking on the outside surface off the mask that you’ve just touched.

7. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

single shift is 8 hours or until breakthrough, I assure you

8. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Nobody is getting FFP3 masks for 80c, nor were they. Lesser spec, sure, but not FFP3.

9. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

There will no doubt be bright red ‘Make America Great Again’ Trump masks soon enough....

Roger Adams likes this.
  10. RoyleBlue

RoyleBlue pfm Member

Any mask being used in high risk environment needs to be properly fit tested first. Trust me - I failed with one type but passed with another even with a bit of facial hair.
    BTW - I’m a frontline healthcare worker!

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  11. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

These people, working so hard in hospitals, need masks.

[​IMG]

tqineil likes this.
  12. timH

timH pfm Member

I’ve just received an email from AllPCB (Chinese pcb maker I used last year) that says “We plan to send free face-masks to oversea customers this week. You can refer to our website and notice update this week.“
    I don’t use this word often but this is amazing

13. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

Hospitals are handing these out to patients in ambulances.

[​IMG]

14. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

What, a chef that looks a bit like Natalie Imbruglia?

I'm in.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr and Roger Adams like this.