1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Counting down to the war on Iran?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by notaclue, Apr 30, 2018.

1. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

If Abbas is anti Semitic and Netanyahu is operating an apartheid system in the WB then there is no difference between them then.

2. ariegur

ariegur pfm Member

If Netanyahu describes Muslims in the same way Abbas describes why the Naziez murdered Jews, I can imagine the context of the posts here.

Arye

3. russel

He has Avigdor Lieberman and Natfali Bennett to do that for him, just take their comments, substitute "Jews" for "Palestinians" and see how it looks.

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Iran- caught between two psychopath combovers.

naimplayer likes this.
  5. maxflinn

maxflinn Bernie Sanders 2020.

6. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Well, what do you know. I wonder if this was also part of the deal for the umpty billion Saudi arms purchases? Hard not to see the Trump/Israel/Saudi alliance wanting a proper showdown with Iran.

"But late last year, a team of about a dozen Green Berets arrived on Saudi Arabia’s border with Yemen, in a continuing escalation of America’s secret wars.
    With virtually no public discussion or debate, the Army commandos are helping locate and destroy caches of ballistic missiles and launch sites that Houthi rebels in Yemen are using to attack Riyadh and other Saudi cities.
    Details of the Green Beret operation, which has not been previously disclosed, were provided to The New York Times by United States officials and European diplomats." https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/03/us/politics/green-berets-saudi-yemen-border-houthi.html

Jonathan likes this.
  7. maxflinn

maxflinn Bernie Sanders 2020.

A message for Trump from Iran:

Jonathan and omers like this.
  8. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Jonathan likes this.
  9. russel

Its not just that, China may decide that the US will not be able to do anything if it invades Taiwan while the US is tied down in Iran, Putin would love a high oil price and so would a lot of Trumps backers plus Saudi Arabia and Israel know they cannot defeat Iran without the US doing the heavy lifting, they could just start it and walk away leaving Europe to deal with the refugee problem which will inevitably occur.

10. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Unfortunately I fear that the deployment of the US carrier group to the gulf is intended to provoke a conflict to detract from Trump's domestic problems.

11. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

The press conference with Hunt and Pompeo was slightly chilling. We'd be dragged into this conflict with far greater ease by the US than we were with Iraq.

12. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

Well Iraq don't have nuclear capability so I'd guess there are quite a few countries who have an interest in the re awakening of publicly acknowledged nuclear activity in Iran.

In millions of barrels (proven reserves) oil is spread out thus...
    1 Venezuela 300,878 (7525000000 gallons roughly)
    2 Saudi Arabia 266,455
    3 Canada 169,709
    4 Iran 158,400
    5 Iraq 142,503
    6 Kuwait 101,500
    7 United Arab Emirates 97,800
    8 Russia 80,000
    9 Libya 48,363
    10 United States 39,230

the fact that the UK is 30th on this list with just 2.750 million barrels may have some bearing on the next paragraph.

I would expect the wars in those areas to be a thing of the past soon as the world goes green energy. WE may be more reluctant to be involved in oil reserve grabs now that we have set green targets publicy?

13. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

I hope Iran get full nuclear capabilities ASAP! They are under threat from the most pernicious axis of evil since WW2 and are going to need them...

Dozey and maxflinn like this.
  14. Darmok

Darmok "A Priori Teleology."

Agreed.

Steve Bell of the Graun pitches in with his cartoon...

Steve Bell on Trump and Iran – cartoon
    [​IMG]

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...steve-bell-on-trump-and-iran-cartoon#comments

Some enlightening comments btl wrt the Iranian people being described as honest, decent, hard working and generous to a fault by western tourist returning from their vacations.

15. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

Thats just a description of every man, woman and child on earth; most political, religious and big business leaders excepted.

sean99 likes this.
  16. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

17. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

TBF the UK with France and Germany have tried to keep the nuclear deal alive but if they receive intelligence info from the US about a threat (whether it's bollox or not) they have to act on it.

18. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

19. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Why ? The USA are proven liars on these matters.

Jonathan likes this.
  20. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member