1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Covid 19 - Tally

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Big Tabs, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Were they all tested?

2. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

I believe so yes.

3. flapland

flapland pfm Member

Two confirmed work colleagues out of team of 450 or so. One other has flu like symptoms along with his wife. She has a number in her workplace so likely it is.

4. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

don’t see how they could have been.
    NHS is only testing hospital admissions.

5. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Yes, that’s why I’m curious about it. I could well have had it but can’t say for certain unless tested.

6. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

I know two (2) people who have been confirmed as having it. Both were in New York two (2) weeks ago. Both are seriously ill but not in hospital. They both had good health before catching this disease and are in their mid fifties.

Our daughter who's an ICU nurse was nursing a patient who's just died from Covid-19. A male in his 70's with underlying health issues.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  7. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

The other problem is we are still in the colds and seasonal flu period. There’s loads of people snuffling and coughing- on pfm and down at the dentists last week.

8. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Oil of cloves used to be used to ease dental pain when I was a lad, it works too.

https://www.healthline.com/health/clove-oil-toothache#does-it-work

9. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

Someone in my team at work has it and my wife’s brother for sure has it. Both are having a hard time of it and are feeling very ill but no complications so far.

i have shown very mild symptoms, irritated lungs but no fever, cough or other issues, this has gone on for a couple of weeks, still not really cleared up. I have never experienced this before which makes me think it could well be covid-19.

Heckyman and Big Tabs like this.
  10. Heckyman

Heckyman pfm Member

Mullardman likes this.
  11. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

Interesting and useful. But I suspect it is so detailed few will bother to read the whole thing or will take it in.

I'll ask a couple of people I know in Denmark

12. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

Excellent site, but sadly a bit too long and complicated for most British readers.

13. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

Yes.

My wife and I have had low-grade colds, a gentle runny nose (clear snot, not green, so no major infection) and a sneeze once a day if that. We have had this gentle cold signs for a while, but it is not Covid-19.
    What we haven't had is a cough of any kind, or any fever.

Of the 55 odd reported sufferers on pfm, only a few will be actual C19.
    The one that I know of is very ill in hospital.

This thread is not scientific or in anyway accurate, but it is a guide to what is happening in the pfm community.

14. Big Tabs

There is nothing in the danish information that hasn't already been publicised in the UK.

Please indicate the information that isn't available in the U.K.

PhilofCas likes this.
  15. Big Tabs

Please feel free to air your opinions about the 'British readers' in your own thread. Your post is unnecessarily insulting.

PhilofCas likes this.
  16. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

my apologies. I had just read a couple of stories about people flocking to national trust properties and seaside towns as well as stories of panic buying and am feeling a sense of despair about my fellow countrymen.

17. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

national trust encouraged it by announcing their gardens are open for all, without having the means to control numbers......

18. Big Tabs

Great. Thank you. Then please post your opinion in the appropriate place.

19. chartz

chartz pfm Member

Burgundy.
    One person in my school has it, but I don’t know who it is, or how he or she is.

Big Tabs likes this.
  20. Heckyman

Heckyman pfm Member

It’s a different tone of voice and definition of the disease.

The Danish info admits that the disease presents with a range of symptoms that vary among people, and that the symptoms alone cannot be used to positively identify the disease.

The U.K. info gives the impression of just: high fever + dry continuous cough.

How do you know? I thought most people were supposed to experience only mild symptoms similar to other respiratory infections?

Edit: the Danish advice also says:
    If you have symptoms, but are in doubt as to whether you are “really” sick, we recommend that you consider yourself sick.
    A friend had symptoms but no fever or dry cough (as per NHS guidelines) so he took his elderly mother for a blood test as there was no one else to help.

ian r likes this.