1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Covid 19 - Tally

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Big Tabs, Mar 19, 2020.

1. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

^ Sorry too. Hope he's fine and it's something else.

2. eternumviti

eternumviti Bloviating Brexiter

He feels fine. I feel sick.

He's just 57, a week ago. He looks fine, and is physically strong, but he has an enlarged heart, thought to be connected to a suspected viral infection many years ago.

3. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

Tally about 56

No dramatic increase on pfm reporting of C-19 sufferers (proven diagnosis or near enough)

We are not going out today.

Again.

4. Big Tabs

Any more?

I find this heartening if pfm is a (very) small reflection of a wider world.

5. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

It's not.

Big Tabs likes this.
  6. Big Tabs

unless the world is predominantly older, white, middle-class males with chips on their shoulders...

7. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

Big Tabs likes this.
  8. Seeker_UK

You missed out 'roaring pi*s-tanks' in that description. ;)

9. Big Tabs

I am not familiar with the term pess-tanks (sic) - I have just had to look it up. (genuinely)

? fat drunk man ?

:rolleyes:

10. Seeker_UK

A boozer, an alcoholic, someone who likes their gravy, a sot, a toper. You get the idea. :D

11. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

My eldest daughter is a final year student in Swansea. She said Thur/Fri she had a very high temperature and only managed to eat a single bag of Quavers all day (there is a student for you...fortunately most youngsters are robust). She went through the symptoms with the 111 service in Wales and concluded she was not all sure that she had 'it'. Then felt much better but has remained isolated. Now complains that everything tastes funny and smell is odd. Since that is now recognised as a factor I am sure she has had it.

Here at home, all 4 of us and hanger-on boyfriend are happy and healthy. No one back at the factory has reported any illness - we are in absolutely flat out max production right now - but all office wallahs like me are at home. Dialing in to look at production figures - they are doing very well without us! Makes you think..

Big Tabs likes this.
  12. Big Tabs

Is your daughter coming home, or riding it out sans parents?

13. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Staying put. She lives in a 2 person flat so easy. Her life is there for now. She has her final bits of uni to complete before graduation - and she takes it seriously -she needs the grade to get the job she has won.

She was due home for Easter - that is still in the air - but she will be back for Summer for usre.

Big Tabs likes this.
  14. Colin Barron

Colin Barron pfm Member

You missed out grumpy

15. Big Tabs

I missed out a few descriptors, but the gist is there.

Colin Barron likes this.
  16. wacko

wacko pfm Member

We got tested today in Auckland, results in a couple of days. But I have read up a lot on this and although we still have no temperatures (mine is a low 36.2 today now 36.4 and the fact it was never over 37 gave me hope), no persistent cough (yet) and a weird rather than sore throat we do have either tender stomach, occasional diarrhoea, headaches, aches, very tired, slight breathless between us) and am 100% sure we got it on the trip here, probably when transit in Brisbane. So the very hard decision to get her out to somewhere safer has backfired cruelly. Very concerned about my wife. At least she should get an ICU bed here. Next 2 weeks will be very tough. Hope you hear from me on the other side of this.

Big Tabs, Ponty and eternumviti like this.
  17. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

Don't beat yourself up over your decisions Wacko, you're now with your best friend and able to give support to each other. Wishing you and your loved ones a healthy future.

Big Tabs and eternumviti like this.
  18. eternumviti

Brother seems ok, symptoms have receded.

Best wishes Wacko.

19. eternumviti

My oldest mate, my best man, phoned me this morning sounding very rough. Has been coughing for a week, now all night, and running an intermittently high temperature. He said he feels dreadful. His beautiful daughter came home from a ski season in Austria 3 weeks ago with a persistent cough and out of sorts.

He is an encyclopedia of comorbidities. Morbid obesity at 30 stone, late onset diabetes and recent treatment for a stomach tumour top the list. Highly intelligent and the kindest, most generous bloody fool I know.

Really not optimistic about the outcome.

Paulicus and Big Tabs like this.
  20. Big Tabs

It is good that your friend has turned to you for support in what must be a very stressful time for him.
    Pessimism or optimism doesn't affect the outcome, but being available to your friend (especially in terms of listening) is better than gold in my opinion.

I hope he is using the NHS if he is having difficulties.