1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Decent tough Chelsea Boots

Discussion in 'off topic' started by MikeMA, Mar 13, 2019.

1. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Tommy Hilfiger......? Elevated......? :eek:

........whatever, I'm afraid they just look totally naff imho.

The Mustos I mentioned are rugged and Goretex lined.

2. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

I'm quite liking these. Hank and I share many traits. :)

Marky-Mark likes this.
  3. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Not with the Arlo but with Grenson. I have one pair of boots (Grenson Sharp) as well as two pairs of work shoes. I love Grenson, I think they make quality footwear. The Sharp boots are the comfiest boots I have ever owned.

4. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Oh yeah, some penny loafers as well, bought from ebay for £15. Lovely.

5. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

The Grensons Jessies you first recommended are women's boots. Which is fine, don't get me wrong (you probably have), but not for me.

6. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

I know. There is a lot of cross over with their boots. Basically the same boot but with a different name for the male and female variety.

7. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Trickers and Church’s also make some fine Chelsea boots but I’m not sure I’d want to use them for dog walking.

8. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

I've got some black Church's Chelsea Boots. They look great, last a long time and wear well, but are expensive.

I fancied a pair in blue leather. Unfortunately they would have to be custom ordered and would cost 400 quid. Oh well.

Jack

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  9. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

They aren't the same. They may look it but they are on a different last because men's and women's feet are a different shape even if they are the same size. Think of the difference between men's and women's hands.

10. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

O.K but a very similar style. Like the Grenson Nanette I bought the wife for her birthday are almost identical to the Men's Brady.

11. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Interesting, and I'm sure it's true up to a point, but I'd have thought there was almost as much variation in foot shape and size between different men, and different women, as there is between men and women, if you see what I mean (there must be a clearer way of expressing this, but I can't think of one off hand). I think bespoke is the way to go if you've got the time and money.

12. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

It's more than true up to a point, it's a fact. It's the same as the observation that most men are bigger than most women and have broader shoulders. The fact that you can find an exception is neither here nor there. Martina Navratilova is taller, stronger and probably wider at the shoulders than I am. She would probably beat me in an arm wrestle. She would certainly beat me at tennis. However this has no bearing on a population. Men and women are different shapes. If you're still unsure, I'll give you a tip. If you find a woman who happens to have hands as broad as mine, take some time to get to know her before you take her home.

MikeMA likes this.
  13. Steve Catterall

Steve Catterall pfm Member

14. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

O.k point taken but, based on nothing more than extended family observations, I suspect there is a fair degree of overlap, though not something I'd die in a ditch over!

15. NeilK

NeilK pfm Member

the redbacks are good but l prefer timberland, see below my well used [7yrs] pair and the church's - which l prefer if it's not too wet.

[​IMG]

16. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

17. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

I like suede boots but not sure they will cut the mustard walking in woods and fields. By the way, you've got my floor!

NeilK likes this.
  18. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Clarks make some decent Chelsea boots and are very resonably priced. No idea if Clarks are of a decent quality these days though.

19. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

20. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

Red Wings. I’ve no experience of their Chelsea boots, but the others I do have (chuukas, moc toes) are outstanding.