1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Decent tough Chelsea Boots

Discussion in 'off topic' started by MikeMA, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

gintonic likes this.
  2. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

3. NeilK

NeilK pfm Member

Nah, you've got mine!!
    To be honest these suede boots are fully waterproof and have survived much mud and rain over the years, I use them to walk the dogs across the fields here and just wash then down under the tap/hose when I return home - hence the 'worn look' - they are much more hard wearing than the usual suede desert boot.

4. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

I've been wearing Blundstone for years and think I may have 6 pairs at the moment. They are well made, so comfortable and I've never really worn any out despite wearing them every day at work.

5. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

RM Williams. I still regularly wear a pair I bought in 2000 and aside from a couple of minor scuffs they look like they’re less than a year old. Incredibly good longevity, comfy and smart too. Wee bit pricy to buy but well worth it.

6. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Timberlands here.

[​IMG]

zippy and Gaycha like this.
  7. Bart

Bart pfm Member

I have a high instep due to fine breeding so always find boots a problem to get on, also explains why I'm crap at keepie-uppie, but I digress, I would go for a zip up the side, more classy than elastic, which tends to go a bit weird over time.

8. Gaycha

Gaycha Well-Known Member

Timberland Earthkeepers here. These are 5 years old...

[​IMG]

Rug Doc likes this.
  9. Rico

Rico Bloody Colonials

Hank Moody wore Blundstones.

10. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Hard pushed to make an uglier boot.

11. Rico

Rico Bloody Colonials

With the power of the internet you can buy 'em on-line. The working man's RMs, I've been wearing them since 1996, never without a pair since. They tend to last me 2-3 years of fair hard wear. It's amazing how a wipe with a damp rag, and then some beeswax dressing has them looking like new. Durable, comfortable, wear them with jeans, cargo pants, overalls, shorts, or even dress trousers if you must. I also have a steel-capped pair for working on my cars.

My current pair is a bit of a change, the 059 with the square toe.

https://www.blundstone.com/shop/
    https://everythingaustralian.com.au/row/shop-by-brands/blundstone.html?p=1

12. Rico

Rico Bloody Colonials

Fait enough; if you're looking for a beautiful boot, you'd go shopping around Old Bond Street, though would you show them muddy fields?

Blunnys are damned comfortable and take whatever you throw at them.

Interestingly, more than any other fottwear I've owned, Blundstones have garnered far more admiring comments (usually from women - they take notice of your shoes), over the years than anything 'proper' or 'nice' such as Church's, Loake, Bally, John Spencer, Alfred Sargent etc. Not suggesting Blunnys beautiful, though! :)

PS: Never had the side elastics distort on any of my Blundstones.

13. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Not wearing them down the Kings Road.

Rico likes this.
  14. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

They look very much like my safety versions by Tuffking. Probably a bit neater around the toe as they don't need a toecap. However there's not much in it. I like mine because they are smart enough to wear in the pub in the evening and not look like you've just stepped off a building site.

Rico likes this.
  15. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

Well I like the coloured elastic, I want.

16. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

What is this Timberland with the red elastic?

17. Gaycha

Gaycha Well-Known Member

Earthkeeper range Has red contrast stitching too, although grubby on mine. Can wear them for light off road duty, and down the Chelsea Rd, if that's your thing. They are dailies for me, so get plenty town n pub duty cycle.

Not sure if they are still available

Edit. Called Tremont
    https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/noel-ange/item/tim-5857r/

18. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

Shame, it's too hard to find in my size.

19. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

20. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss