1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

DIY phono cables

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by rockingdoc, May 20, 2020.

1. mansr

mansr Objectionist

I guess studying electrical engineering for 4 years was just me being lazy too.

Arkless Electronics likes this.
  2. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Great stuff and pretty much the same as I use. It's a pity so much internet bandwidth is wasted by nutters who believe in the electrical equivalent of pixies at the bottom of their gardens! Maybe if they had any knowledge of and experience in electronics they would realise that circuit topology is everything and types of phono plug etc mean zilch:)

3. nuit73

nuit73 nuit73

Dan,
    ...and what standart RCA chassis you use?
    I'm very interested to try these Gothic audio RCA sockets

4. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

Sorry Dan but there’s no scientific explanation there, just one persons opinion. Nothing wrong with the reply from mansr that I can see either.

5. Michael J

Michael J pfm Member

Topologically, none of us are all that far removed from being teapots. :)

martin clark likes this.
  6. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

I am surprised that silver foil is rarely mentioned in making interconnects because I use silver arrow through out my system made by Graham Parker who frequently loaned cables at hi-fi shows to TACT and others. Superior in my system for example to Kimber Kcag,this gives the utmost detail but without the edge that silver can introduce. Suspect that the reason for this is that you have to make the "cable" rather than buy off the reel.

7. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

The Sharkwire I've been using for nearly twenty years is screened with foil as well as copper braid. I've been telling myself to try something else for a fair while but I've always been happy with both the SG07 and SG12 signal cable.