1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Do digital audio players sound different?

Discussion in 'trade discussion' started by Purité Audio, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

LOL - go back to your shed troll... build a few more fire hazard's

2. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

Honestly CK I think you would get more out of the hobby if you tried to read around the subject .
    Keith

Emlin likes this.
  3. Cereal Killer

Keith you know fcuk all about my experiences or most peoples in fact, stop making yourself out to some sort of genius. All you ever do is post dumb ass views on topics.
    Taking/making sound bites in order to help your sales pitch makes you look cheap.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  4. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

He's the cut and paste king....never has his own information, he just repeats someone else's. It's really odd behaviour.

(Disclaimer the Lord will come along and proof read this momentarily and probably remove it, I do enjoy being stalked, makes me feel important, starting the countdown now Richard..)

Cereal Killer likes this.
  5. Purité Audio

This is the first of Monty Montgomery’s videos, a digital ‘primer’, audio and video are both covered.

Keith

6. Cereal Killer

Someone who actually knows what he's talking about:

7. Purité Audio

Ess make the dac chips right, this thread is about digital ‘transports’ the bit before the dac.
    I am pretty sure Chris Montgomery knows what he is talking about, check out his CV.
    Keith

8. Cereal Killer

Perhaps you should watch the video..... before making any further comment.

9. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

Do the trade members in this forum have the necessary permissions to moderate topics they start?

The Chronicals likes this.
  10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Absolutely not!

11. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

Keith is your position that the Ess staff member and asic designer doesn't know about the audibility of the chip he worked on? Or is he just making a story to sell product?

He has to be wrong or a liar, which is it?

12. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Doesn't comment #27 clarify his position a bit? The DACs can sound different but a functioning transport shouldn't? That's what I'm interpreting.

13. Purité Audio

The thread is about the audability of digital transports, re the video sounds like mostly marketing, I would need to see the results of some unsighted testing, rather than the thoughts of the ‘audiophile guy ‘ which apparently every company has and who has the ultimate purchase sanction!
    Keith

14. Cereal Killer

So you've still not watched the vid but made a conclusion.. that's enough of an answer really.

15. Purité Audio

I have watched, I watched again and the year Mike Mallinson gave it at RMAF, it is about noise shaping and mostly why ESS’ chips are better than other manufacturers.
    Nothing to do with the Archimago blind test.
    Keith

16. Cereal Killer

If you can't understand why there's a correlations between the two presentations then you are missing (deliberately or unconsciously) the point.

17. Purité Audio

The two video presentations? One a scientist who developed the Vorg Orbis codec and what is the other one a salesman?
    The original post is Archimago’s blind comparison of four digital transports.
    Keith

18. Cereal Killer

OK so you don't really know... perhaps you should do some research. The vids you posted are about the mathematics of programming within digital codecs and the algorithms used in multiplications and upsampling.

Maybe you should watch your own vids...

The Chronicals likes this.
  19. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

So, the moral of the story, don't ever believe Salespeople. (i,e anyone in the TRADE trying to sell a product).

I agree.

20. Purité Audio

You do know the difference between the stream of digital data, and the DAC ( digital analogue converter) yes?
    If you are not sure then both of Monty’s videos are really worth watching
    Keith