1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Dogs

Discussion in 'off topic' started by richgilb, Sep 18, 2018.

1. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

Delayed by life
    Pic as requested

[​IMG]
    Not too bad are they ?
    :)

ff1d1l and Tarzan like this.
  2. audiopile

audiopile pfm Member

You know that's the -"we'd like our own small animal to chase look" ? Please -rabbit ? white rat .squirrel ? You know -inside the house ? Please no cats or ferrets -claws and teeth aren't appreciated.

3. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Do they have legs or not?

4. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

Probably, under that hair

5. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

6. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

The one on the left has, the one on the right hasn't and is called 'Cigarette' because he's taken out every night for a drag.
    A real Dougal

[​IMG]

gintonic and Rob998 like this.
  7. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

We don't have a hope in entertaining our kids in the way our new dog does.

calorgas and Tarzan like this.
  8. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Double trouble.:)

9. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

They are.
    After confusing them as they look so alike I now know them apart 90% of the time.
    Utterly different trouble from each
    :)

10. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

On that point...we ended up with a Jack Russel from a rescue centre in November. The first three months were touch and go. He was pissing everywhere and attacking anyone who spooked him or disturbed him when he was asleep. He nearly had to go back, but suddenly he stopped behaving like a scrote and started being a nice doggy.

I had to throw the kitchen sink at him in terms of tools to sort it, though.. Castration followed , lots of exercise, expensive food, lots of love along with a shock collar that we only needed for two weeks.

It was a real gamble but he was young and nice most of the time. And now he is nice nearly all of the time. He has not bitten anyone for over a month. And has not pissed in the house for two weeks. We're getting there. We had to. The kids are smitten. As am I.

11. matt j

matt j pfm Member

They're crackers, aren't they? I was never a fan of JRs as my mate had one when we were kids and it would just bark and growl at everything that moved.

Then my sister adopted one (that looks a little like yours from that brief video!) and she is amazing. Unfortunately she's not very good with other dogs so walking her is a nightmare but aside from that she's fine. Hilariously funny and very clever.

12. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

I must admit i got many comments about this...they are mental etc. So i was worried we had got the wrong type of dog when he immediately started growling and barking and biting people.. And the intelligence thing I have noted, which might be what kept him from the sad journey back to the rescue centre. A dog trainer I am not so he needed to learn fast. When he pissed on the floor he got the Alex Ferguson treatment. I know we are supposed to deal with that in a positive way but I am a single parent and run my own business.....no time for gentle doggy training. He got screamed at and a boot up the arse. I have, since I was a kid, had a few dogs and I have a feeling he is a little bit more savvy and quick to learn stuff than all the others. Also the most loyal. Yesterday, instead of going inside with the kids he chose to sit outside with me whilst I worked on my motorbike in the cold. He just sat there shivering, fixated on the drive gate for an hour. Like a guard dog. Not that he would be any good. He weighs less than five kilos. You could probably loft him into to next door's garden with your foot.

13. twotone

twotone pfm Member

There’s no way that I’d use violence on my dog or an electric collar.

Totally bang out of order how would you like a boot up the arse for pissing on the floor or an electric shock cause you want to go one place and the clown in the other end of the lead wants to go another way so **** it electric shock to you dog.

You shouldn’t own an animal.

14. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

PS i got the dog shock collar for the walks. He went absolutely nuts when he saw other dogs. 2 weeks later he tries to cross the road to avoid them. He knows....

15. twotone

twotone pfm Member

He doesn’t know he associates those dogs with pain.

You are a ****.

16. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

I thought as much regarding the dog shock collar. But really fast therapy. The other option was back to the rescue centre.

The dog is now a really happy loyal dog and he is in a caring loving home. So up yours.

MikeMA likes this.
  17. twotone

twotone pfm Member

He’s in a home where the owner punished him cause the owner is cruel bastard

18. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Someone, hopefully, will report you to the rescue centre and the local animal health people.

19. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

That sounds like very hard work
    Took me 2 weeks of hard work convincing our 2 newbie Dachshunds to do it outside. After 18 months of hardly going out and doing it inside.
    Started taking them out every couple of hours, nope, every hour, nope, every half hour and enormous praise for a performance.

2 weeks for our Heinz57 Bailey to discover he loved running away and not coming back for many hours.

twotone likes this.
  20. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

Congrats on 2 weeks! I had a mini dachsundd and he was the worst of all our dogs for house training. We never really got there with him