1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Dogs

Discussion in 'off topic' started by richgilb, Sep 18, 2018.

1. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Why didn’t you whip him?

2. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

The 3 Rs did it
    Repetition, Repetition,Repetition,

twotone likes this.
  3. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

Still, two weeks is a result. I was please we sorted our latest family addition in 2 months!

4. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

I don't think that would work and it might hurt him.

5. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

Not really sure a vibrating alarm around his neck is painful.

6. twotone

twotone pfm Member

You might want to throw away that shovel.

The entire population of pink fish now know that you punish dogs for pissing on the floor and that you administer electric shocks to them too.

That what you do to your children?

It’s such a small leap.

7. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

It's a vibrating alarm collar.

8. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Delivering electric shocks to a dog that stands about 8” high and weighs the same as about a bag of potatoes.

What does your ex wife think about leaving her kids with an animal abuser?

9. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

Ime, of training some 100plus puppies to walk with a collar and lead I can only remember a few that refused. After repeated attempts, including training next to a puppy who was good on a lead, a very light tap on the snout was all that was needed with a puppy. With adult dogs, who have learnt bad habits it can take other methods other than vocal/tit bits encouragement to change them. I am not sure I would use one of the collars but I am not adverse to a very light smack, enough to make them stop.

I am sure richglib's dog has not suffered any long term issues, only too pleased to be in a good home.

Bloss

twotone likes this.
  10. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

To be fair, we were pleased to take the collar off him.it caused distress and confusion, but not physical pain.

Electric shock collars are illegal here in Germany. My warehouse is in the same building as a pet shop. We got the collar there.

Might get an electric shock one for my kids though.....

11. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Chris, my dog infuriates me sometimes he’s dreadful on the leash but that’s my fault for not training him properly but hit him to frighten him?

No way.

Yer man has admitted on a public forum to hitting a jack Russell, a jack Russell ffs, cause he pees in the house and using an electric shock collar to stop him going for other dogs and he appears to think this practice is totally okay and the dog is now ‘happy’ and ‘trained’.

You know as well as I do that the dog is now terrified and is not happy or trained and will react, probably by biting him or his kids but it will be the dog who pays the price of an abussive owner.

12. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Can you post a link to the product Rich?

13. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

We have had 8 dogs in my life I think. This dog was a petrified wreck when he came here. Now he is not. Each day his confidence has grown and grown. I don't see how you can evaluate my methods at all. You quickly jumped to the conclusion that I was using an illegal electric shock collar and you have no idea what the boot up the arse looks like in my house. Maybe you should just stop spewing bile.

I'm more saddened by that fact that he won't ever be getting his oats.

14. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

Sure, Tony I see where you are coming from. Some dogs will be untrainable, especially ones that have not been trained as a pup or been to a good home. This is becoming more and more of a problem with money grabbing/inbreeders who they sell the dogs to anyone.

When I lived at home, we had 9 or so adult collies. Probably sold some 300 puppies plus and my mum always vetted the buyer, bearing in mind the pups cost 100 guineas back in the 60's. Only once, from memory did a buyer reject the dog and he called my mum and said he was going to put the dog down. She travelled to Wales, collected the dog and introduced it into the pack. After a few days the dog flew at me all guns blazing, I was around 12 or 13, at that time mum was putting buckets of water out for the dogs and one she threw at the dog and then clumped it with the yard broom. That dog rarely left my side after this and never behaved in such a way again. Mad but true, and not sure you would get the same outcome with another dog.

Bloss

twotone likes this.
  15. twotone

twotone pfm Member

. A dog trainer I am not so he needed to learn fast. When he pissed on the floor he got the Alex Ferguson treatment. I know we are supposed to deal with that in a positive way but I am a single parent and run my own business.....no time for gentle doggy training. He got screamed at and a boot up the arse. I have, since I was a kid, had a few dogs and I have a feeling he is a little bit more savvy and quick to learn stuff than all the others. Also the most loyal. Yesterday, instead of going inside with the kids he chose to sit outside with me whilst I worked on my motorbike in the cold. He just sat there shivering, fixated on the drive gate for an hour. Like a guard dog. Not that he would be any good. He weighs less than five kilos. You could probably loft him into to next door's garden with your foot.

blossomchris likes this.
  16. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

17. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

She's not my ex and she's not my wife. She's finishing a course in England with the NHS. So I am here on my own with the kids for a year or more.

I'm not an animal abuser either.

18. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Is that right.

Mind that shovel.

19. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

Reminds me of the time I found a small pink mobile phone out in the fields. Called a likely number on it, & surprisingly a gruff male voice answered & thanked me. When the bloke turned up to collect it, he explained it'd come from a little pouch he'd put on his labrador's collar, & when he wanted to attract the dog's attention he'd call it.

blossomchris likes this.
  20. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

To be honest, I'd be more concerned about those living in your house than mine!