1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Downsize multiple boxes to a single (Hegel H590) box?

Discussion in 'audio' started by badger748, Apr 26, 2019.

1. PerF

PerF Member

2. Magnuska

Magnuska pfm Member

Hi Badger,

I have used now for the last 3 years a Vinnie Rossi LIO, modular integrated amp. I have the wonderful DAC and the 25watt mosfet module installed. Priced at around 9600 USD ordering directly from maker in US.:)

https://www.vinnierossi.com/lio-integrated-amplifier/

3. sls4321

sls4321 pfm Member

This post couldn’t be more wrong. I spoke to Innuos before buying a Zen MK3.
    The CD ripper was left in because it adds very little cost and would have required them to fabricate new cases. There was effectively no saving in removing it, so they left it in.
    Music streamed from the internet or the internal drive is buffered in a designated core of the processor.
    The processor is chosen to be powerful just enough for Roon but with much less noise than in a PC.
    A primary feature are three internal linear power supplies, one each dedicated to the processor and output sockets, and the SSD in the Zenith.
    The hard drive has a special format preferred for the sole function of supplying audio files.
    The unit runs a minimalist operating system with the most basic graphics, minimising processing noise and heat to a minimum.
    The unit is fanless and still runs almost cold.

The Zen and Zenith units have a lot of similarity to the Roon Nucleus, the latter using a single external power supply, like the Zen Mini. This is because they are deploying features that make a purpose built Roon server so much better than using a PC, that is designed for maximum processing power and heavy graphics use, irrespective of noise and heat, the opposite of audio.

Innuos offer 4 different levels of power supplies and any type and size of drive you want. They offer great value for what they do and sound miles better than using a PC and network drive, better also than Auralic Aries Femto and Aries Mini with an external power supply.

I’ve had an all-in-one unit for 3 years, but since then have improved the sound significantly with an ultra-low noise digital signal path.