1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden cargotrams

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Homehelp, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Homehelp

Homehelp pfm Member

If they could build a new city would you like to see cargo trams like this one which runs VW car parts to factories round Dresden. I think its fabulous . They dont hang around ether

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  2. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

They look ruthlessly efficient;-)

3. Rico

Rico Bloody Colonials

"light rail", surely?pretty cool.

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

It is wonderful and I cant help thinking what a f**k up Britain is by comparison when it comes to technology and long term investment. Fantastic orchestra too BTW, the Dresden Staatscapelle, one of the finest in the world

5. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

We have similar for public transport in forward thinking Sheffield.

6. TheDecameron

..Edinburgh awaits

7. prowla

prowla pfm Member

I guess having the city flattened 60 years ago gave a clean slate to re-develop.
    (Plus the allies decided to rebuild rather than subjugate Germany.)

8. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

What? Dresden was bombed in the 50"s?

9. canonman

canonman pfm Member

Croydon / Wimbledon have also had a good system for well over 10 years.

10. TheDecameron

the citizens of Dresden are eternally grateful Im sure

11. matt j

matt j pfm Member

We've got trams in Notts too, pretty nifty. I reckon over time they should just keep expanding the networks to incorporate the suburbs rather than limiting them to purely city centre routes.

Pity we're so hung up on pure profit rather than quality of service, we don't seem to be interested if there's not a gazillion pound to be made by cramming half the town into a single carriage and then charging them £300 for a ticket.