1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Employer liability

Discussion in 'off topic' started by clifftaylor, Sep 11, 2019 at 7:24 PM.

1. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

If the sex was a legitimate part of the business trip, shouldn’t the condom be tax deductible?

Likewise, if it was sex with a prostitute, wouldn’t that be a legitimate expenses claim?

2. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

I suppose it depends on one's line of work.

3. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

... need one add that French polishing is an arduous finishing process ..?

4. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

It does seem an odd verdict, but without knowing the ins and outs of the law, we can't really comment...

zarniwoop likes this.
  5. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

My thoughts this morning, too. Something fishy going on. He was married and broke legal vows while on business. If a business is responsible for the whole business trip, including stuff like shagging, it is possibly gross misconduct, instant dismissal.

6. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Very good.

7. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

He's certainly sacked now.

8. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

Are marriage vows legally binding? I didnt think they were. There are some statutory statements made during the ceremony to bind the marriage contract.

I suppose some of the additional declarations are religiously binding, but I dont think they stack up in the eyes of the law?

9. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Legal?

10. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Well, quite ! Regardless of whether the tax authorities take a 'flexible' view to condom relief, you'd need to fill in a sheath of papers !

11. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

....which would all need to be rubber stamped no doubt?

Mike Reed likes this.
  12. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

More work for all those public sector Johnnies

Mike Reed and ks.234 like this.
  13. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

France has different attitudes to mistresses or affairs, he was away on a business trip, had sex and died.

Sex is a normal function of everyday life (or just birthdays in my case) so he didn't die doing anything extraordinarily dangerous (yes, having a bit on the side could be considered very dangerous)

As to the moaning about taking August off, why not. When I lived/worked in Germany and France everyone would shut up shop and head south for the month. France and Germany have a better work/life ethic than the UK who live to work rather than work to live.

14. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Sorry I thought the French civil code was legally binding. Actually I have no idea if it is or is not, but thought it was taken more seriously than elsewhere.

15. Greg

Greg 2t5b

It didn't mention the EU

Thorn likes this.
  16. glancaster

glancaster In the silicon vale

This thread should win some kind of award for mismatch between title and content. I came here expecting something truly dull and I am very, very disappointed.

P.S. The money should be paid. There is no question the guy died on the job.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  17. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

I thought it was almost compulsory to take a paramour if you wanted to get on in France.

18. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

side ting?