1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Epos ES30 Floorstanders in Light Cherry - £500

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by mr_spanners, Mar 14, 2019.

1. mr_spanners

mr_spanners pfm Member

OK, I'm going to come to regret this but they're currently not used and I can't see me using these for quite some time. I spent YEARS trying to find these and bought them from JandL of the Wam many years ago.

The side cheeks have some light marks from being moved many times but they are great otherwise. The cones are all in perfect condition with no signs of wear or aging - they still sound sublime.

Located in the Glossop area of Derbyshire and not taking offers given the very reasonable asking price and rarity. VERY VERY heavy (35kg each) so collection only.

Any questions please drop me a line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,

~Phil.

richth likes this.
  2. mr_spanners

mr_spanners pfm Member

These are tri-wire but I'll provide cables/connectors if you're running from a single amp.

richth likes this.
  3. richth

richth Member

Interested. PM me? I tried to PM you but it would not allow. Thanks, Rich.

4. Adamnight

Adamnight New Member

Also interested, please contact me burekadam(at)gmail.com

5. richth

richth Member

I have the ES22s at the moment, on the end of an Avondale S100. Been chasing some ES30s quite a while. Cash waiting. richt48 [at] gmail.com

6. Rick E

Rick E pfm Member

Seems you have PM switched off. Also interested.

7. Rick E

Rick E pfm Member

Phil...
    Turn on your PM :D

8. shrink

shrink pfm Member

I remember paying over a grand for a pair of these almost a decade ago. I ran them off some audiolab monoblocks.

Limited ultimate volume as the large bass drivers don’t like
    Huge exertions, but within their limits they have amazing range, depth and amazingly transparent midband (owing to the fact the midrange unit runs pretty much clean from the binding posts and mostly uses its natural rolloff.

Utter classics

9. mr_spanners

mr_spanners pfm Member

Provisionally SOLD!

richth likes this.
  10. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

What is the difference between these and the 22's out of interest? .. they look identical.

11. mr_spanners

mr_spanners pfm Member

Bigger bass drivers and much lower bass response. Still got the top end zing of the 22s but much better and smoother bass.

Barryoke likes this.
  12. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

Ok, that's interesting.. thanks.

13. mr_spanners

mr_spanners pfm Member

'Better' is obviously subjective, I should have said deeper or more pronounced!

14. woodpecker

woodpecker pfm Member

I thought the difference between the 30's and the 22's was 8.

15. shrink

shrink pfm Member

I’ve owned both. If I’m honest I slightly wish I had kept the 22’s. Both excellent but I liked the slightly snappier bass of the 22

16. deebster

deebster pfm Member

Have you sold these Phil?

If not I'm interested - do you think they'd play well with a 90s Audiolab 8000a?

17. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

These Epos do like a lot of juice up 'em.

18. shrink

shrink pfm Member

I had mine on the end of audiolab 8000M monos. Four of them!

I’d think the 8000A on its own a little underpowered. The speakers aren’t hugely sensitive

19. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

The best I had with my 22s was with the ‘Beast’ from Avondale.