1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Erik's had my shed roof.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by stevec67, Feb 9, 2019.

1. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

It had to happen. I woke up in the night to a crash and something's gone on the roof. The only visible damage is the felt on the shed, which has been a bit of a patchwork quilt for 4 years plus since I moved in. i never did more than bodge it up as it kept most of the weather out, so it was good enough. I'll inspect the house roof later. Anyone else got a slate off?

2. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

No, but I have a hole punched through a rear light lens. Wheely bin.

3. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

Blocked in here, huge old Oak came down blocking main route out of village and road closed the other way too for I'd guess similar reasons.Roof slate check seems all ok but a few ceramic planters are now dust. Had a new fence put up yesterday too at the rear of house and feared for that, but it seems fine.

The cat didn't like it, she spent the night thundering up and down the stairs like a manic race horse :D

4. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Was it windy then?

5. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

The morning light has revealed a tragic occurrence at Marchbanks Towers...

[​IMG]

I’m sure we will recover in time. Please keep us in your prayers.

Mr Cat, TheDecameron and andrewd like this.
  6. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Probably retired!

Or indeed chairs.

richgilb likes this.
  7. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

look at the damage - you need to claim on insurance for a new patio

MikeMA and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  8. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Bollocks, it's had a capping stone off the roof. On the windward corner. It slid down the roof, fortunately it stopped by the stench pipe vent so I've been up and collected it. It's a long way up to the apex to replace it and no easy access. It will have to wait until I get back from hols.

9. julifriend

julifriend pfm Member

A large tree opposite my sister’s house in Bristol came down overnight and just missed the car belonging to her husband. Unfortunately it did hit the Mercedes SL500 belonging to her neighbour though and their insurance company has already written it off.

10. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

yes , just repaired the neighbours appalling build site security which had blown down , they should do it but they dont care really . we have had a few burglaries and having an open building site next to you gives them lots of temptation !!

11. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

It’s took the side door off my garage, it needed replacing anyway, it was starting to rot and the lock was broken. The wind must have been pretty strong as it’s blown through the garage door, popped the side door open and ripped it off it’s hinges. It’s not a massive security issue so I’ll replace it with a UPVC unit on Monday when the reclamation yard opens.

12. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

My shed roof is absolutely done. The boards are OSB that has been sopping wet for years. I have some reclaimed 19no marine ply that I just need to cut to size, it will be heavier than the rest of the shed put together.

13. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

One of my Wheely bins moved about 3 feet.

14. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

Also annoyed here...gusts to 70 blew 3 twigs onto my lawn. What's the point?

15. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

I'll come round yours and clear up thise 3 twigs if you'll come round mine and replace that capping stone and re-roof my shed.

16. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

I don’t have a shed but I’ve got a separate double course brick garage which I use as the shed, it’s got a proper tiled roof and it pretty strong... just needs a new side door.

17. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

I can't complain. I have a garage too, the shed is just for mowers, old bikes and general gardening crap. It was fairly knackered when I moved in 4 years ago, I chopped out a couple of rotten bits of floor and bodged the roof up, then left it alone promising to sort it out "when I need to". Well, I need to now, I reckon I could take most of the roof away in carrier bags if I wanted to.

18. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

I have a garage, it's sh*t - I was rather hoping it would get blown down for a nice insurance claim. I even parked the Porsche outside so it wouldn't be damaged by the collapsing garage,

19. Ibbots

Ibbots pfm Member

We've had the annual cull of the weaker fence panels - eugenics for flimsy timber

Michael P likes this.
  20. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Lost a slate off the roof near the chimney, bloody wind