1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Erik's had my shed roof.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by stevec67, Feb 9, 2019.

1. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Mine isn’t that useful as a garage at the moment, the house was built in the 50s and the garage is separate from the house and to the rear, it’s really tight getting a modern car down there. Shame as the garage itself properly well built and is big enough to fit a large car in and be able to fully open the doors. There is access to more bungalows down the side of my house and it may be difficult to get the rights to move my wall over and widen the driveway, but I’m trying. Alternatively, I could build a double garage at the bottom of the garden and access it from the rear. I’d like somewhere secure and dry to keep a sports car and somewhere warm and well lit to work on them (yes, despite being crippled, literally, I still work on my own cars to the best of my ability).

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Nothing to do with what was inside it, then ?

My garden was like a multiple store chain; branches everywhere. I then twigged that there'd been a few gusts overnight.

3. zippy

zippy pfm Member

Dare I say you're a bit lucky ?
    In last years storms, the wind took off my greenhouse glass roof and damaged the structure.
    Now I'm left with an unrepairable unusable half-greenhouse.
    I can't even find anyone to dismantle and remove the bit that's still standing ( 'can't touch that - all that glass - too dangerous' ) !!

4. avole

avole The wise never post on Internet forums

I'm sorry, not living in the UK and checking the news infrequently, I must ask the question: who is this Erik,and what is his gripe about roofs ? Is he a typical pfm blowhard?

5. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

ours is out back, just large enough for the Macan, it needs a new roof, and although the doors work new ones would be good. Access is ok via the back road. The garage actually has a pit which has proved useful. But in my ideal world I'd have it removed and replaced by a 1.5 width garage, but I would also need to rip up the concrete base and lay a new one.

6. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

I'd check that out if I were you. It could be signs of Auton activity.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  7. linnfomaniac83

Yep, when you actually start to look at these jobs, you get a little less enthusiastic. I looked at the door a couple of weeks ago and thought “sod that, it can wait until summer”... I wish I’d just gotten it done, now it’s urgent owed to the fact that it’s now lying on the patio.

8. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

The latest meteorological name for the storms affecting these shores from (usually) the Atlantic. Next one Freda or Frederick, perhaps. Similar nomenclature for hurricanes. Surprisingly, perhaps, little to do with pfm.:)

9. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Will your insurance not cover this instead now, though?

10. linnfomaniac83

Maybe, I’d not really thought about it because I know I can get a UPVC door with keys in immaculate condition for about £80-£100 and me and my mate can fit it. It’s probably not worth claiming. I have a friend with a reclamation yard and he ends up with stuff from cancelled orders or bankruptcy, he won’t rip me off.

11. zippy

zippy pfm Member

FREYA

12. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Gosh; only one letter out (Freda) !:)

13. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Can we hope that Freya could be followed by Godzilla?

14. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

it messed my hair up :(

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  15. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

There are better pursuits one can indulge in.

16. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

;) really, I've seen the selfies! more likely you need factor 50 to stop the sunburn...…..

Mr Cat likes this.
  17. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

it's true man, i haven't clipped it for a few weeks and it's almost a no. 2 now...

gintonic likes this.
  18. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

He was named by @MetEireann and sent over as revenge for Brexit and the backstop.