1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Esoteric I-03 amp

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by Cereal Killer, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

2. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

yes , saw that , looks good value

3. James46

James46 The Crystal Method

Postage is rather steep.

4. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

maybe , i paid twice that to send 2 items insured recently and nowhere near as heavy . looks in fabulous condition

The amp’s packing alone weighs close to 10kg, i.e. noticeably more than the pair of NuForce class D monos we reviewed in 2008. The amp itself weighs 31kg. What gives? The outer casing is a first indicator by practicing not merely Scandinavian design restraint and superlative finish but material generosity. The fascia is thick as a fat thumb though the elegant bevels do minimize the visual impact. The rounded front corner pieces further undermine cosmetic boxiness but add mass. Ditto the 5mm base and 7mm cheeks which double as heat sinks. Likewise for the 5mm cover with the brand's engraving. The I-03’s enclosure is truly massive. Popping the bonnet adds more reasons for the weight. Thankfully I earlier only said class D power supplies may be smaller. They clearly needn’t be.

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/esoteric21/1.html

Cereal Killer likes this.
  5. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

IIRC the amp unpacked is 31kg and it’s RRP was £9000 back in 2011/13, so fair IMHO!

hifinutt likes this.
  6. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

I personally think it's very well priced.... at less than a 1/3rd of it original price.