1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

European Parliament elections

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ks.234, May 4, 2019.

1. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Unpopular policies like Remain? ;)

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The locals implied all was not right with Labour’s ‘look at our lovely fence’ approach, I suspect the EU election will send a similar message...

3. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

As the 2017 election demonstrated, a landslide for Labour would send the same message.

Stephen

4. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Or leave?

Seanm's favourite unbiassed source of news, the Eye, had a very credible full page analysis of the election results.
    Their conclusion was that local issues were indeed important, and many areas showing large labour and tory losses owed this to, for instance, imposing unwanted vanity project developments, dishonesty, gagging orders and their cost, etc. Many of which had been raised in the Eye's "Rotten Boroughs" column.

So maybe labour prioritising local issues in the European Elections is not, on the face of it, so dumb.

We'll have to see if their implementation is 3d chess or credible.

And if the anticipated catastrophic results can be spun as 3d chess.

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The ever wonderful #LedByDonkeys have been publishing a ‘Brexit Party Manifesto’ on giant billboards, details on their (cleverly registered) https://thebrexitparty.com website here!

PS Led By Donkeys Crowdfunder here.

PsB, farfromthesun, tuga and 2 others like this.
  6. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Love 'em!

7. maxflinn

maxflinn Tulsi Gabbard 2020.

This is pure fantasy. Corbyn travelled the length and breadth of the UK campaigning for remain prior to the referendum. He even convinced Jack to vote remain.

Labour has voted against May's Tory Brexit deal three times now.

And Labour as policy want a referendum on any Tory Brexit deal.

How does all of that equate to Labour enabling the Tories at every step when it comes to Brexit?

Only in your mind, Sean.

Steve Taylor and HarryB like this.
  8. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

You don’t agree? I suggest you might agree or disagree but try to stay on topic. I was talking about MPs and the GE not the Euro elections. But you knew that.

So, I repeat what I said THE GREENS WILL GET ONE MP OR NO MPs. That means they will never get any opportunity to shape Britain, implement any policies or address the shocking inequalities in society.

This is just a repeat of all the fools who fell for the LinDems bullshit. Remind me how that went?

The belligerent, arrogant and selfish position of those who think remaining is the only thing worth fighting for. Unless large numbers of people bite the bullet and vote Labour you’ll end up with a right wing Tory party led by a right wing nutter
    AND Brexit. Then you’ll be happy I guess because you’ll have nothing left to bang on about.

9. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Tory voters and tory enablers are to blame though. No getting away from it.

Which policies of Labour are unpopular? Making it difficult for the tories to implement a hard brexit doesn’t count. I’m thinking about health, transport, education, housing etc and how their proposed policies compare with the only other party that can win an election.

HarryB likes this.
  10. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

It doesn’t equate to Labour enabling the tories at all. Quite the opposite, really.

PhilofCas likes this.
  11. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Loving the shouty ranty block capitals! Are you sure you aren’t still on Lord Rothermere’s payroll, but this time as a shouty fake-Momentum stereotype troll?!

PS It isn’t a general election next week. But you knew that.

12. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Amazing expose of Farage’s highly grubby finance on C4 News right now. Catch it on C4+1 if you missed it as this is a very significant investigation and fully highlights exactly what a con-artist he is. A bought/kept man by any definition.

Steve Taylor, wylton and jackbarron like this.
  13. zarniwoop

zarniwoop hoopy frood

On topic? This whole thread is about the "European Parliament elections".

TheDecameron likes this.
  14. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Here we go again. Your standard response when you're rattled is to bring up my previous employment of more than a decade ago. It really is laughable and pathetic. You really do need to get out more. The fresh air would do you good.

Cav and Steve Taylor like this.
  15. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

Don't know what happened with Jack, but the only campaigning Corbyn did before the ref was to go around TU and LP meetings to suck up the adulation that was coming his way at that time. And why as a long term anti-EU campaigner would he be wanting the UK to remain? Did he make a single speech to any group of people saying he was all in favour of the EU? I don't think so.

16. Wilky

Wilky pfm Member

It's the best way to deal with Farage - kill them with facts.

Greenpeace from April 2015.

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/press...fishing-makes-mockery-of-new-election-poster/

Guy Verhofstadt tells it like it is.

https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1122869490155491328

Farage is a self-serving leech.

Dave.

Nick_G and jackbarron like this.
  17. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

No one in their right mind is "all in favour" of the EU, least of all the people he had to reach. Corbyn had a much better understanding of his audience than the clowns running the campaign and he spoke to them accordingly: Yes, I know there are problems with the EU, but on balance we're much better in than out.

If you want to get a sense of how disastrous an Everything is Awesome! Labour campaign would have been, remember Milliband during indyref. Or, remember what the Labour right criticised Corbyn for specifically following remain's defeat: not sharing a platform with Cameron, not indulging in backslapping photo opps with previous Labour leaders, and preferring to make the case for freedom of movement over playing on fears of immigration!

https://www.politicshome.com/news/u...alan-johnson-blasts-jeremy-corbyn-undermining

I'll never get tired of pointing out how politically incompetent, malign and obviously wrong those old bastards were, each time we're now invited to listen to them as the font of wisdom!

18. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Corbyn did very little campaigning for Remain. I didn't hear anything until two weeks before the Referendum, when he did a couple of speeches. He gave Remain 7 out of 10 in one of them.

He also said the UK needed the collective strength of the EU to take on the neoliberals and corporations. In other words a nation of Little Englanders would get laughed at by the powers behind the economic crash and austerity..

At this point I decided to vote for Remain and Labour.

When the Referendum results arrived, Corybn declared the government should trigger Article 50 immediatately.

I thought this was bananas, but still trusted that Corbyn had a secret plan. He did, but not the one I had in mind. At heart he wanted to Leave, so he could achieve Tony Benn's dream of the UK bowing out of the EU.

This is why he has done as little as possible about a second referendum, confirmatory or People's Vote, other than to try and make sure they are never reached. He's completely untrustworthy.

Jack

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    sean99 and wyjsar like this.
  19. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

The Guardian said Banks even paid for Farage’s shower curtain. So while the bar fly was claiming poverty, he was scooping it in from Banks, the EU, “media work” and his own investments.

[​IMG]

And thick Gammon are coming out to vote for him in their droves.

20. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

The Channel 4 News expose tonight of Farage, and his bankrolling by Banks, is quite an eye-opener.

They're even more untrustworthy than Corbyn and May, and that's saying something.

Jack