1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

European Parliament elections

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ks.234, May 4, 2019.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

In fairness not many of his supporters would have the intellectual capacity to place a cross in a box on a polling paper.

2. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Good, though it’s depressing that he got 2% of the vote.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  3. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

God, that turd Francois is on the BBC....

4. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Perhaps the polling officials should have told them to sign their name against the appropriate candidate.

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Shadow Chancellor takes shoe off and sticks it in own arse before someone else does.

“John McDonnell has defended Labour’s decision not to fully endorse a second EU referendum so far, but acknowledged the party is going to get “a good kicking” in the European elections”.

6. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

Sobering thought. Had May not blocked the investigation into Leave's funding for purely selfish reasons and in order to cover for leading members of her own party. Farage Johnson and Gove would be facing jail sentences and this whole sorry show would have been quietly put to bed.

HarryB, htm_1968 and martin clark like this.
  7. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

He reminds me of the old guy who came off a slip road going in the wrong direction down the motorway while shouting at the oncoming traffic, "You are going the wrong way". That has been Labour's problem since the referendum began.

JimmyB likes this.
  8. TheDecameron

Laura Kunesburg on air now. I’m expecting her to start self-harming. The Tories and Labour would have gone tonight if this was a GE. Labour wiped out in Scotland. The homes of Airbus and Nissan- they’re yearning for economic death in Wales and N.E.England. We’ll take both plants and stay in the EU up here thanks.

9. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

By the look on her face just now, Emily Thornberry will be eating Jeremy Corbyn for breakfast.

10. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Oh dear. What a shame. He'll be crying into his milkshake.

11. TheDecameron

Laura sounds as shocked and depressed as Theresa May.

12. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

So whilst waiting for the full results from NW, Scot and NI we have...

Brexit Parties [Brexit, UKIP, Con] 44%
    Remain Parties [LD, Green, SNP, Plaid, CHUK] 41%
    Dazed and Confused [Lab] 14%

13. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

That's depressing....

14. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

North West in; 2 Lib Dems, 1 Green, no Tories and no Tommy Milkshake-Racist. That’s better than I was hoping for (didn’t think we’d get two LDs). Still annoying that there is just so much gammon in this country though, Farage will be beyond infuriating. As is incoherent bilge-pipe of pantomime wrongness Anne Widdicombe on the TV right now.

15. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

If Labour do end up dumping the Corbyn/McCluskey stance as Thornberry implies that can be spun as quite a positive ‘remain’ result as one can assume that 2/3rds+ of Labour’s vote is in that camp regardless of the leadership’s failures.

16. TheDecameron

The Tories only got three seats! Farage has eviscerated them. The sight of Anne Widdowcomb crowing over the corpse on the BBC and BBC hacks in the studio are shell shocked. Kunesburg looked like she was going to go home and take hemlock.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Philim likes this.
  17. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Fantastic Green result in Bristol!

JimmyB likes this.
  18. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

I suspect a clear stance from Labour will split that figure between the two sides, not just fall into the Remain camp.
    They're still banging on about their message being absolutely clear so if they finally do come off the fence, we'll have to wait for the next vote to see where the votes fall.

19. TheDecameron

I think Jeremy has fallen out of the decision tree and hit every piece on the 3D chess board on the way down.

ff1d1l, wyjsar and Weekender like this.
  20. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

I actually suspect that the majority of the vote Labour has left there is pro-Lexit, pro-"democracy" , so adds more onto Brexit. But with the full Scottish and NI results likely to add more to Remain as well.

In the end it is similar to the referendum. About 50/50. With no compromise, civil war the next logical step.