1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Everest

Discussion in 'off topic' started by robs, May 24, 2019.

1. Linds

Linds pfm Member

Now there’s a man who’s doing things for himself not for what he can boast to others about.

Used to have a colleague who would proclaim that they visited a town for the day and “made sure they went somewhere for lunch, so they could say they’d done something there”.

2. alanbeeb

alanbeeb pfm Member

Snufkin and tuga like this.
  3. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

Did I read somewhere that a permit to climb Everest costs £8500?
    No pressure to succeed/deliver then...

4. Darmok

Darmok "A Priori Teleology."

^^ It is 11K now.

5. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

o_O
    Plenty people just dying to spend their cash :D

Cheese likes this.
  6. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

7. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Wow 11k to climb Everest...incredible

8. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Given the big queue of people at Hillary's Step, it is difficult to understand why anybody would bother to climb Everest now.

Jack

mikeyb likes this.
  9. MVV

MVV pfm Member

As someone who has spent a life in the mountains i just don’t get it. Are these people climbers?
    It’s a nonsense, other people carry all the kit, put up the tents, plan the route, rope them over the hard bits, make the safety decisions (which is why we have that ridiculous queue) then they are all in oxygen masks because really it's too hard for them. What for? Just to be able to say they have climbed Everest.

mikeyb, PsB, Weekender and 1 other person like this.
  10. MVV

MVV pfm Member

There’s this thing. Living in Cumbria I often go to some beautiful remote place and there I find a disposable barbecue that has burned a square in the grass, some cans and other crap. You think ‘you must know this is a beautiful place because you chose to come here, so why have you ****ed it up?’ This is the same at 11K a pop.

davidsrsb and mikeyb like this.
  11. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

$11k = £8500

Though pretty soon it might be £11k, but not because the price went up. :(

Darmok likes this.