1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Exposure 3010 - 5010

Discussion in 'audio' started by puddlesplasher, Sep 2, 2019.

1. puddlesplasher

puddlesplasher pfm Member

Just wondering if anyone has gone from using Exposure 3010s2 preamp to the 5010 pre or even just compared the two. What are your thoughts on this.
    Thanks

2. RossB

RossB Member

Yes, I have both. The 3010 is a bit brighter and a bit less refined, the 5010 is a bit more neutral, a bit more resolving and colourful. Small differences but worthwhile.

Wilson likes this.
  3. mbu

mbu pfm Member

Interested too. Ive wondered if the 5010 is an enhanced , tweaked up 3010s2. Or is it basically the MCX ,now in a standard case. It is the new top pre amp so Id think nearer an MCX ? May even be better ? Who knows.
    I'd have have tried out the MCX years ago but didn't care for the big silver pillars at all.

4. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

The 5010 amps are basically updated MCX circuitry in conventional cases.