1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Flashback

Discussion in 'audio' started by bossjw, Mar 24, 2020.

1. bossjw

bossjw pfm Member

Just want to take the opportunity to thank Dave at Flashback cables for his excellent service and the prompt arrival of one of his phono to din interconnects for use between my Rega Fono and Naim amp. Sounding great straight out of packaging!

gavreid, Zombie, foxbat and 2 others like this.
  2. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

Quite a few Flashback users here, including myself.
    I can’t remember a bad word against them.
    Good quality cables at sensible prices that just work. No bullcrap.

foxbat and suzywong like this.
  3. lambo

lambo pfm Member

Plus 1 here

cctaylor likes this.
  4. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Yep, can’t go wrong

5. say it as it is

say it as it is Well-Known Member

Will be ordering some interconnects when I get paid then

6. suzywong

suzywong Wot, no electrons?

Did for me a very nice “premier” level DIN-BNC recently (Stageline to NAC82).

7. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

They are excellent

8. L&N republican

L&N republican pfm Member

I have lot of them 4 o 5 din to rca,to xlr...better price and sound than naim's.Premiere range

9. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Yeah, I’ve used Flashback a few times (including a custom cable I needed making up) and in each case they were excellent.

10. Ian Stafford

Ian Stafford Active Member

Yes, another happy user of Flashback cables. Excellent quality at very fair prices, overall an honest company

11. agracie

agracie Active Member

Same, decent and very reasonable especially for the din cables I’ve needed.

12. Jono_13

Jono_13 Duffer

Snap the couple of times used. DIN to 4 phono record/playback for my old Nait3.

13. foxbat

foxbat New Member

Another +1 no nonsense, easy to deal with and quick turn around

14. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member

Flashback is top notch

15. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

They are a great company to deal with, A+++++++++

16. Seanf

Seanf pfm Member

I have to agree too. Dave took the time to explain to me how the separate power/signal cables between a NAC, NAP and HiCap work. I bought a set and love them. I also bought a premier phono to DIN for my DAC to NAC, equally impressive.

gavreid likes this.
  17. PerF

PerF Member

First class

18. say it as it is

say it as it is Well-Known Member

Ok blonde moment here can someone confirm what cables I need

72 to power amp ?

Sound magic PSU to 72?

CD phono to 72?

CD3 to 72?

I assume phono to din can be reversed eg cd3 to non din as opposed to non din to 72?

Cheers

19. DCA

DCA pfm Member

Have bought a few cables from Flashback and agree with all above re. quality, value and delivery.
    Dave was super helpful when making up cables for Naim 52 to Teddy Pardo MB100 x4. Sent me some very detailed breakdown which I was able to include with kit and cables when I sold them on.

I've still got one of his cables left if anyone's interested - Naim 4 pin locking DIN to 3 pin male XLR.
    Cheers
    David

20. nobeone

nobeone pfm Member

Not sure what a Sound Magic PSU is, so forgetting that and pretending you said Hicap:

There are two schools of thought, essentially what Naim would do, this runs power and signals through the same 5 pin DIN SNAIC and connects from the Hicap to the 72, then they connect from the Hicap to the power amp. If you want to stick to the Naim way (bad idea in my opinion, however note that others prefer it!) then just ask Dave at Flashback what your options are for Naim style cables to connect from your 72 to whatever else it is you want to connect up.

Then there is the Avondale separation of power and signal, this runs power only from Hicap to 72, then connects the 72 to the power amp. I, and many others, prefer that. Flashback does Avondale style power only 5 pin DIN SNAICs too. Again just ask Dave at Flashback what your Avondale style wiring options are.

EDITs: So PSU to 72 requires a 5 pin DIN SNAIC in either Naim configuration or Avondale power only.

Hicap or 72 to power amp requires a 4 pin DIN to whatever your power amp has as input, you don't say, I won't guess!

CD to 72 depends, what is the output on the CDP? What cards you have in the 72? What connections free on the 72? Could be anything to either BNC or 5 pin DIN, all depends!

CD3 to 72 you would usually stick to a 5 pin DIN SNAIC as Naim would claim that is better, but you could go 5 pin DIN to BNCs too, depends on what cards are in the 72 and what connections are free on the 72!

Any which way, tell Dave exactly what you have and what you want to connect and he will take it from there.