1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Folky, hippy crap

Discussion in 'music' started by RickyC6, May 12, 2011.

1. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

What is it with all this Fleet Foxes shit etc? There are so many bands around all doing this psych folk thing - and they all need to grow a pair of testicles and kick out the jams!

Rant over.

2. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

I haven't heard Fleet Foxes but I agree anyway :)

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It was much more interesting a few years ago, it's all getting a bit too safe, predictable and 'Later With Jools Holland' now IMO. Landfill folk is the new landfill indie.

Tony.

4. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

Just read an interview with FFs and they said they wanted the new album to sound like live performances rather than bits stitched together from different takes - hence they took over a year to record this natural sounding album. ****ers. Got it on Spotify now and it is poor at the best.

5. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Great post- At least somebody has had the testicles to say it.....Too much facial hair and no tunes.

6. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

And an account with Jack Wills.

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

<kick me sign>

I have actually got the first Fleet Foxes album. It's not bad.

</kick me sign>

Tony.

8. Nick Dartmoor

Nick Dartmoor pfm Member

Totally agree. Seriously boring stuff. Sounds like something from years ago that wasn't any good in the first place and I can't remember the name of cos it was also crap.

9. The Captain

The Captain ~~~~~~~~~~

quite agree. I feel urge to deliver a sharp kick in the small-testicles of such beardo bands. Imo it started with Iron & Wine and there seems no end to it. Its completely contrived crap with no substance. kick out the jams mo-fo's.

10. Anex

Anex Señor Member

I'd like to know who paid for someone to do that recording of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star which is on that car advert. I think the ****-folk scene has pretty much peaked with that. Joanna Newsom came close, but who ever recorded Twinkle Twinkle... has really taken it to the next level.
    Anyone who has ever liked anything twee is a ****.

11. Rasher

Rasher Quadrophenia land

Look...don't put down Nu-Folk now. I've only just bought some sandals and a brown chunky knit jumper and it's taken months to grow this beard, and I've just bought a disused railway station in Hampshire. Just give me a couple of months...please! That's all I ask.

This is a film of RickyC6 tormented by some Folky-Hippy shit going on in the next room and being unable to do anything about it. The frustration is palpable.
    (Careful - maybe not work friendly)

12. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

You lot who hate Fleet Foxes are probably old and bald.

You're just jealous of them.

I went to see Fleet Foxes play last year and they were great.

Their first album is definitely worth having.

The problem with The MC5 is they can't tune their guitars properly and they are only good if they take the right amount of amphetamine.

Jack

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I have no problem with that. One could argue that they only got it right for the Kick Out The Jams album, but that was enough.

Tony.

14. Anex

Anex Señor Member

I have lots of hair. I'll have you know.

15. Basil

Basil Harbethian

The outrage!

How dare anyone like stuff I don't, it's wrong I tell's ya!

16. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Don't spoil it Basil.

17. The Captain

The Captain ~~~~~~~~~~

[YOUTUBE]zE9iYlNYPFY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

18. guey

guey pfm Member

Fleet Foxes = CSN lite

19. Basil

Basil Harbethian

Jus' sayin'...

20. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

I saw them play at The Royal Festival Hall with Primal Scream, who they had a massive influence on.

They weren't bad even if Rob Tyner and Fred Sonic Smith are now dead.

Wayne Kramer is a cool guitarist.

Jack