1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Food Dehydrators

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Brian, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

The machine has landed. She’s got some strips of chicken in there already and so far, so good.

2. Brian

I realise there isn’t much interest but I thought I would post an update for any lurker who might be. :)

The machine she bought is fine. We have coffee jars now with dog treats comprising dried chicken breast, heart and liver.

3. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Highly fashionable if you have an allotment too.

4. Brian

Still getting on fine with this machine.

The selection has been heart, liver, kidney, lung, carrot, sweet pots, ox cheek, fish skin and chicken breast. I’m pretty sure this lot is better than crap like gravy bones, dog biscuits and whatever other ‘manufactured’ rubbish on the market.

5. deanf

deanf pfm Member

Which machine did you buy and when are you going to start producing backpacking meals commercially?

Brian likes this.
  6. Brian

It’s a cheap machine, ‘Aicok’, 30 odd quid from Amazon.

She doesn’t have any interest in using it for stuff for us to eat but it really is sound for dog treats. She has some salmon in there right now for a high value dog treat, she had to do something with that in the normal oven first to kill off some gremlins or other.

Naturally, if she started to produce ‘food’ commercially she would have to add all manner of rubbish to it and it would instantly become crap. :D

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    deanf likes this.