1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Fujifilm X-T10 nowadays

Discussion in 'photo' started by Fulci, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Fulci

Fulci pfm Member

Hi! I have a legacy Pentax-A SMC 50mm f1.2 in a drawer for far too long and I've been thinking of getting an used Fujifilm X-T10 for £150-200 to use it with an adapter for lower light portraits and bokeh.

How much difference is there between the X-T10 and the newer models? Is this still a good camera with all the software updates?

How does the adapter work? Will it crop the image? Do you think it's worth the hassle?

2. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

It’s still a good camera (if you want a slightly larger body, the similar internal X-T1 is available typically for just over £200 - no touchscreen though)

The lens will work fine as an adapted lens, but remember the camera has a crop sensor, so the equivalent FF focal length will be 75mm

3. Fulci

Fulci pfm Member

Thanks!! I was thinking using it as a 80mm prime for portrait. I was looking around and found that the XT1 was £200 too, so I guess is a better option. I'll get a 35mm f2.0 later or a standard zoom.

4. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

An SMC-A lens will work very well without any adapter on any of the Pentax DSLR's so might be worth considering a 2nd hand one of those.

Alternatively you could sell me that 50mm F1.2 cheap...