1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Glasto 2019

Discussion in 'music' started by gintonic, Jun 27, 2019.

1. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

2. andy831

andy831 pfm Member

Lucy Rose

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Yay! Comet Is Coming, Kamasi Washington, Tame Impala, Babymetal!

4. Man in a van

Man in a van pfm Member

5. Conan

Conan Loop digger

6. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

Madonna Queen "mother" of pop, these days

7. BLACKMASS

BLACKMASS pfm Member

LOW
    Johnny Marr
    Liam Gallagher

8. Conan

Conan Loop digger

9. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

The Cure and the Chemical brothers would be the two BIG acts for me.

I see Idris Elba is also on the decks!!? :)

10. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

Hawkwind and Keb 'Mo about the only acts I'd be interested in, think the lineup is dire, my daughter had always wanted to go and even she said it looks pretty crap.

So that's another few hundred quid saved :p:D

Zagreus likes this.
  11. Hempknight

Hempknight pfm Member

I haven't been to Pilton since the greedy bastard tried to copyright the name Glastonbury.

12. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

Bit of a weak lineup IMO, no real heavy hitters so to speak, still hope it stays dry and it doesn't get to hot, i remember going to see deep purple at Milton Keynes bowl, it was a scorcher people were passing out all over the place as there is no getting out of the sun, as people say glasto is no longer about the music anymore it's enough to say you have been there, have fun

Ragaman likes this.
  13. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Will Sons of Kemet be playing to a capacity crowd?

14. Arkless Electronics

foxwelljsly likes this.
  15. Arkless Electronics

Having checked out the line up all I can say is it should go on for about 2 weeks..there are more stages than most festivals have acts! I would only be interested in maybe 1 in 20 of the acts but there's still enough so many would be clashing with one another....

A few big names from the past that I assumed had retired even... Rickie Lee Jones, Nenah Cherry and Mavis Staples to name just a few....

And why aren't Hawkwind headlining!!?? Kylie who?

16. Conan

Conan Loop digger

Sons of kemet. Nice

17. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

The latest Mavis Staples album is very, very good - as was the one before it.

As for Kylie, I went to school with one of her producers.

18. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Loads of good stuff down the list on the minor stages, e.g. I’d not spotted Acid Mothers Temple, Sons Of Kemet etc. The main stage is even more avoidable than usual, nothing there I’d turn up for.

PS Hawkwind on the acoustic tent? Huh? No VCS3 and fuzz guitar through a Copycat = no Hawkwind IMO. I’d not expect much from them though, I saw them about 20 years ago and they were hopelessly stale even then.

19. Arkless Electronics

My thoughts exactly! Space-ROCK.... Seen 'em a few times but can't remember any of them....:oops:o_O:rolleyes: Was on the desk for Nick Turner Allstars once but they turned up 2 hours late and we 'd had to give their set to a last minute replacement local Welsh heavy metal band so they only ended up doing a very few tracks....

20. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

I 'saw' them 30 years ago at Leeds Poly and thought they were pretty good, but it's hard to be objective. I've rarely seen so many people tripping in one room, and that includes large scale raves in '89.

Tarzan likes this.