1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Glasto 2019

Discussion in 'music' started by gintonic, Jun 27, 2019.

1. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I suspect Shabaka is on an exclusive contract with Impulse as he was uncredited on the 1000 Kings LP.

2. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

A quick word for the Friendly Fires set too, really liking the new stuff - Sounded great live.

Weekender likes this.
  3. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

Just catching up on this thread and my iPlayer backlog. Enjoyed the Chems and found the Killers v dull. Haven’t listened to a Cure album since Seventeen Seconds but I really liked them. Got Kamasi W, Neneh C and The Good The Bad And The Queen for tonight...

4. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Don’t overlook The Comet Is Coming, that set is just amazing!

PS Reminds me I’ve still got a couple left to watch, e.g. Kate Tempest.

kendo likes this.
  5. RickyC6

Downloading it now!

6. RickyC6

Sorry if this has been discussed but are there fewer full sets on the iPlayer this year than previous years?

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Last time I looked accessing through the Glastonbury section of iPlayer was pretty crap, but actually searching for the band through the standard search worked.

8. RickyC6

Ah right, I’m using iPlayer via a Sky box. Will see if it looks different on internet.

9. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

My experience - you have to actively search for some of these things (in my case the Samsung tv app) - they are somehow not 'listed' in a directory or sub section. Seems odd but there it is

10. guey

guey pfm Member

Janelle Monae was proper fierce - great show and performer
    Enjoyed the Michael Kiwanuka set as well

11. RickyC6

Roy Ayers rather fine. Cool bass player.

12. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

OK, tomorrow morning is set aside for archiving some sets from iPlayer. Looking at this thread I’ll start with these (some against my better judgment)

The Comet is Coming
    The Cure
    Roy Ayers
    Kamasi Washington
    The Good the Bad etc
    Sons of Kemet

anyone else I really shouldn’t miss in your opinion?

13. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

How do you archive from Iplayer?

14. Marchbanks

15. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Ah! - not so many of us actually have recorders now!

16. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

The last time I went to Glastonbury was 2001 or 02. A band I knew were playing in the Green Field. I'd been there at least 10 times before, mostly working for the music press, either Sounds or NME.

Once was in 1984, when Fela Kuti headlined. BBC Arena made a documentary about him and his show at Glastonbury.

The weekend was called the Glastonbury CND Festival. There was at the time a bit of an underground feel to Glastonbury and a definite political slant. Things have obviously changed in all sorts of ways since then.

Fela though made his mark.

Jack

17. robs

robs pfm Member

Wow...just watched the Comet set all the way through. Blown away. I only watched the first 10 mins or so before..

It's like Hawkwind, the Chems and Coltrane all got together and ....(well, almost, you know what I mean..)

Loved it.

They have a UK tour end of this year, will be going to see them.

kendo likes this.
  18. MichaelC

MichaelC pfm Member

I know what you mean... Nik Turner is surely envious...

19. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

If you have a Mac there’s software that will do it, don’t know about Windows etc.

20. Marchbanks

...after scanning the thread I’ve added Idles and Baby Metal to the list.