1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

God Fleetwood Mac were good

Discussion in 'music' started by avole, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Joe

Joe pfm Member

Conflicts with the story told by the band members themselves.

Mullardman likes this.
  2. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

3. Mullardman

Sorry my friend, but where do you get this stuff?

ISTR we had a similar conversation about LED ZEP in 2015, where you made outrageous claims about how you and your teeny mates had a 'Darkness in your souls', which could only be resolved by 'Zep' being the first band to only sell albums or somesuch shite.

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/posts/2512080/

Please try to stay this side of fantasy..

narabdela likes this.
  4. FireMoon

FireMoon pfm Member

Don't you just hate reality? Peter's own words about Munich speaking in 2009

"I had a good play there, it was great, someone recorded it, they gave me a tape. There were people playing along, a few of us just fooling around and it was... yeah it was great." He told Jeremy Spencer at the time "That's the most spiritual music I've ever recorded in my life."

5. Mullardman

You really should refrain from selective quoting without referencing your source... which is.. none other than Wikipedia:

I can't argue with any of the above.. but I can speculate that Green's eventual diagnosis of Schizophrenia, alongside his increasing use of LSD and other drugs etc., at the very least point to his recall being defective. To the point that the extremely selective part that you quoted, without referencing your source, may be therefore less significant than you infer.

6. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

It doesn't mention Amon Duul 2 though. :)

Mullardman likes this.
  7. Char1i3

Char1i3 Member

8. Mullardman

I still have my originall copy of that Alexis Korner classic. First or second album I bought. 56 years ago.

9. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

We used to spin that regularly on the in-store player when I worked in a record shop - almost always guaranteed to sell it when we did.

Mullardman likes this.
  10. Mullardman

IIRC the late Cyril Davis on vocals and Harmonica. Korner on guitar. Dick Heckstall Smith on sax.

Still a seriously good listen after all these years.. :)