1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Good pair of base heavy headphones

Discussion in 'audio' started by ExtremePie, Jun 14, 2012.

1. ExtremePie

ExtremePie pfm Member

Any recommendations for a pair of cans out there? Need to be robust enough to be used outdoors and have a good base thump for mainly dance and clubbing music, with some rock thrown in.
    Price around £50 - £150.
    Cheers

2. hammeredklavier

hammeredklavier owner of two very cheap hi-fis

Sennheiser HD 280 or 380 pros.

3. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

beyerdynamic dt990 pro.

4. Fox

Fox The sound of one hoof clopping

Not 990s as they are fully open backed and too much outside noise creeps in. I use them and love them... but not for outside. Also the DT990 Pro is available in 250, 600 and 800 ohm variations so be careful what you buy and mate it with as 800ohm is hard on (say) an iPhone.

This: http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt770pro.htm

DT770Pro are closed back. (880s semi open backed) all in budget. 770 Pros in 250 ohm would be my suggestion for use outside but the 990s are airier and have a much better articulation of bass being open backed but outside noise is an issue with these. Great in the home though. SPL Phonitor + DT990 pros = I listen for hours with them on without fatigue. Real workhorse.

5. synapse

synapse pfm Member

sony MDR V900