1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Good Phono Stage

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by alanbeeb, Mar 30, 2019.

1. alanbeeb

alanbeeb pfm Member

Hi - looking for an excellent phono stage for MM duties ideally with variable capacitance loading down to c. 50pf if possible.
    If it has MC capability then would prefer that to have a good range of options for resistance loading too.
    thanks.

2. rescuest3ve

rescuest3ve pfm Member

3. JustJohn

JustJohn pfm Member

Pro-ject Tube Box s2? Goes down to 47pf, has MC options. Excellent little box. In black, comes with full packaging. Asking £200.

4. alanbeeb

alanbeeb pfm Member

Thanks folks but looking for something a bit further up the tree... should probably have stated a budget so up to maybe £1k 2nd hand. I currently have a CEC PH53 which is very good, just wanting even better.

5. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

I have an SJS MM phono stage but it doesn't have adjustable capacitance, it does have a bloody good sound though.

£800 collection only as the transformers are mounted on bushes and it uses very fine AN silver wire internally which is guaranteed to be damaged by a courier.

[​IMG]

kondo, Ruairi and lordmortlock like this.
  6. carruthersesq

carruthersesq pfm Member

Hi Alan
    I don’t know your current Phono stage so can’t say if better but my (quite rare) Vertere Phono One MK2 is for sale on this very forum. Very adjustable and a fabulous piece of kit. Offered at £650 delivered.

7. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

I’ll have a DV P75 coming up soon.

8. BB Wan

BB Wan pfm Member

Cyrus Phono Signature available here. More things to adjust than you can shake a stick at! Looking for £1000. PM me if interested.

9. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

I have an Edwards MC3 that is most likely for sale. This is very adjustable, with MM and MC options, multiple gain and loading settings, and a mono switch. A really excellent all round stage.

10. alanbeeb

alanbeeb pfm Member

Sorted for something now - thanks for all the responses here and by PM, sorry I could only buy one of them!