1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS/SWAP] Guitar FX pedals

Discussion in 'musical instruments' started by Tony L, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

[​IMG]

I now officially have too many, it is maybe time to thin them out a bit!

Boss BB-1X Bass Driver. This is one of the more expensive Boss pedals retailing at £135 or so, it is quite useful in a variety of ways as it has a good EQ section as well as drive capabilities, i.e. you can just use it as an ‘always on’ pedal to give a passive bass a bit more grunt as well as all manner of drive tones should one wish. The drive can be blended with the clean sound so you can get all distorted without losing bass weight. Mint condition. £95 plus postage.

Boss DS-1 Distortion. The classic orange boss distortion box with that ‘70s-80s rock sound and superb as a boost into a high-gain rock amp. This is a very nice one as whilst not one of the uber-collectable and valuable early Japanese ones it is old enough to be of the same through-hole construction (current ones are a small awkward to deal with surface-mount board) so it is an ideal mod candidate (there are a ton of options online and commercially). As such I’m going to ask the typical new price for this one as it is better than a new one and is bound to get more collectible with time. Condition: a couple of very light scuffs, but nothing through the paint. £45 plus p&p.

Boss FZ-5. This thing is utterly bonkers and to be honest I’m not bothered if it goes or not as it has some mental sounds in it I can maybe see myself recording with even if it doesn’t stay on my minimal board. It is a digital pedal that emulates the classic Fuzz Face, Maestro and Octavia, and whilst I don’t feel it ‘cleans up’ like the real thing it does get a lot of the character of pedals that one wouldn’t get change from £1k for a set of originals. Mint. £70 plus P&P.

2. Isobarik

Isobarik pfm Member

Hi Tony.
    A long shot I know!
    Is the Boss DS-1 Distorton box still available?
    I know your isolating as am I.
    No rush!
    I'll buy it if you still have it.

Regards
    Ray

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Hi, yes, I’ll stick it aside for you!

4. Isobarik

Isobarik pfm Member

Brilliant!
    Cheers, Tony.