1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Guitar talk: acoustic, bass, classical, twelve string? You name it!

Discussion in 'off topic' started by windhoek, Oct 20, 2016.

1. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Jan Akkerman made a pretty good fist of it, way back when.

2. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Not guitars but might be up your street @Tony L especially that Putney.

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Indeed, I found that a week or two back, well worth a watch!

4. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

Matthew, did you get the Harley Benton? An alternative at a bit higher price point is the Vintage LP series, I've seen one of their Lemon Drops in the flesh a few years ago and it looked nice.

5. matthewr

6. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

No, Vintage are a Chinese mfr, possibly part of Wilkinson as the guitars use their parts. Sorry I’ve not done a link but if you google Vintage LP guitar they’ll come up.

7. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

Andertons have got a walnut one for £110. But a Lp must be Maple capped mahogany surely?

8. matthewr

That's not how google works :)

9. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

Well, when I google Vintage LP guitar on my phone they’re all over the place:(

10. matthewr

That's how google works :) Although it's weird that I cannot find the specific one with narrower searches.

Anyway, here's a picture of Boris showing his mastery of the Capo

[​IMG]

11. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

Isn’t he a useless plucker. Shame TFL didn’t connect that guitar to the “juice rail”.

12. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

My bass is by them. One of these. Very nice bass indeed.
    [​IMG]

cutting42 likes this.
  13. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

Looks great, nice Spalted body. Would like to add a bass to my small collection but SWMBO says we need a bigger house first!

14. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Get a double bass on apro for the weekend, then allow yourself to be talked into downsizing....

Steve Taylor likes this.
  15. docstocker

docstocker pfm Member

Love this
    Perhaps we need a new topic on how to get things past the other half
    All tips and systems gratefully received
    John

16. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

17. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Here's a bit on Vintage from Richard's guitars - you can tell he doesn't expect the finish to be quite perfect. He won't sell them without a full setup so it's for a small premium

18. -alan-

-alan- pfm Member

^ Wonder what those lads in guitar shops did all day before Youtube came along.. :)

19. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

They did what they’re doing on YouTube, they sold guitars.

20. -alan-

-alan- pfm Member

I hope they have more success on Youtube than they did with reprobates like me hanging round the place buying nothing as an impoverished yoof then:)

On a different note..came across a series of demos for one of the Boss multiple effects pedals on YouTube. The guy demos the pedal by showing the type of effects required to replicate some famous solos e.g. the Killer Queen solo below:

Pretty impressive - though I have absolutely no doubt he makes it seem infinitely easier than what it actually is. Anybody on here had a go at, or invested in one of the Boss ME pedals ?