1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Hackercap PCB Order.

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by sq225917, Nov 13, 2019.

1. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

AP, yes I have one more pair left.

2. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

3. pem1

pem1 Active Member

Hi all what led and resistors are needed for these boards it dose not state them on the bom list ? Thanks

4. Marra

Marra pfm Member

I used blue with a 10K resistor.

5. pem1

pem1 Active Member

Hi all has any kind person got a wiring diagram from the tutorial transformer to the hackercap boards to the avondale ncc200 boards ? Please

6. Mike Hanson

Mike Hanson Really?

[​IMG]

With a stereo amp, just hook up the two NCC200 boards to the HackerCap in parallel.

7. pem1

pem1 Active Member

Thanks mike

8. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

Simon,
    Hackercap boards received thanks. Very nice boards and good value.
    Cheers,
    AP

9. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Mine arrived as well, many thanks.

Pete

10. sq225917

Job done, thanks everyone.

11. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 35yrs a Naim owner

No thank you ...much appreciated by all

Ps
    Anyone got a good source for the inductors needed ...or are they best hand made?

Thanks

12. Mike Hanson

Mike Hanson Really?

13. sq225917

I wind them myself, 1mm copper over 8mm drill bit, 22 turns, two layers, no core. Easy to get super neat. Download coil32 software to model the values.

14. Mynamemynaim

I only made that an inductance of about 1.8uH using the excellent calculator you pointed me towards... assuming an inductor about 25mm long and double wound
    So I guess I must be missing something as I thought...like Mike above is using....we needed about 12 to 15uH

Even making it 35mm long and giving it 40 turns I only get to 4uH

15. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

I have noticed there are many different variations on formulae for this. Interestingly this one:
    http://electronbunker.ca/eb/InductanceCalcML.html
    gives 6µH for 22 turns, 2 layer coil on 8mm former. The addition of a third layer takes this up to 15µH.
    Your guess is as good as mine!
    AP

16. Mynamemynaim

I gave the above calculator a try and could not get any meaningful answer out of it ....which says more about me than the calculator

I have one of those Chinese component testers that will measure inductance....I might have to just make some trial ones and see what happens...or more likely...buy an off the shelf ones about 12 to 15 uH

17. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

Seems the axial pitch needs to be higher than the wire diam inc insulation.
    Putting in 22 turns, 2 layers, 8mm former diam, axial and radial pitch of 1.07mm, conductor diam 1mm and wire diam inc insulation of 1.06 gives 6.00µH

18. sq225917

That's what I use for my general psu boards, not ncc specific numbers for les's stuff

19. Mynamemynaim

Looking to your experience...what would be a suitable size / turn inductor for an NCC board then please? ( The more specific the better!!)

20. sq225917

Sadly, I have no idea, I've never built an ncc, dont know the part specs. Do you know the required value?