1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Hal Blaine RIP

Discussion in 'music' started by scolarest, Mar 12, 2019.

1. scolarest

scolarest pfm Member

One of the legendary "Wrecking Crew" and Bob Dylan's backing drummer passed onto pastures new.
    Fabulous drummer and not always recognised for his body of work.

2. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

Yes indeed, a quite amazing legacy.

3. Graham H

Graham H pfm Member

4. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Fantastically inventive drummer. He played on so many hits, from The Beach Boys' Good Vibrations, Simon & Garfunkel's Mrs Robinson to The Byrds' Mr Tambourine Man and the opening drum shots on Be My Baby by The Ronettes.

Hal Blaine did 32,000 sessions, including Frank Sinatra and Nancy. His boots were certainly made for walking and he lived until he was 90. That's some going.

Jack

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  5. Caliente

Caliente pfm Member

Yeh, unbelievable what he played on and just how much his sticks contributed to creating so many amazing hits - may his music live on.

6. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

I watched this again around a week ago, must have been a super productive time and place.

jackbarron likes this.
  7. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

Brian Wilson would have been lost without him...

8. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

It's arguable that Brian Wilson was lost with him.

Anyway, RIP. Possibly the real hardest working man in showbusiness.