1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Harbeth ML speakers.

Discussion in 'classic' started by Martyn Miles, May 21, 2019.

1. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

Have any PFM members come across these speakers ?
    They appear to have been made at approx. the same time as the HL models.
    They are, from what I can see, LS3/5a size with poly. bass/mid. drivers ( Rogers ? ) and Audax tweeters.
    I brought them up as there are a couple of pairs on eBay, at quite high prices.

2. calorgas

calorgas pfm Member

No, but I linked to a pair (here) of them a few months in the 'interesting ebay auctions' section - I could see that they looked well made but were missing any identification and I only worked out what they were after the auction had finished. Clearly a good buy for the winner at £155 ;-)

3. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

Thanks.
    The two pairs on eBay are both over £1,000 !
    Perhaps somewhat overpriced...

4. calorgas

calorgas pfm Member

I reckon so. But the pair I'd linked to were not identified by the seller as being definitely Harbeth plus they were offered as collection only, so I think if they'd been correctly described as Harbeth ML they'd have fetched a higher price but I don't know how high.
    If I'd been able to collect them I would certainly have bid myself as I just had a feeling that they were something more interesting than yet another ls3/5a clone, but either way I didn't work out what they were until the auction had finished, annoyingly.

5. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

I asked a question on the Harbeth Users’ Group and Alan Shaw ( Harbeth Prop. ) replied.
    He wasn’t very taken with them when Dudley Harwood gave him a demonstration.
    AS was surprised, given DH’s work on the LS3/5a.
    You can read the detail of what AS wrote on the User Group under ‘Previous Harbeth Models.’