1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] High quality CD Transport

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by minimido, Aug 14, 2019.

1. minimido

minimido pfm Member

My Theta CD transport has been playing up in a number of ways, so I'm after a replacement.

If anyone has anything that might suit please contact me.

Thanks,

Frank

2. MotherSky

MotherSky Member

I shall be offering my PSAudio PWT transport for sale shortly (probably through the WAM classifieds) - if this is the sort of thing you have in mind, drop me a PM - MH

3. Mongeddavid

Mongeddavid pfm Member

I have an Audiomecca Mephisto 2 i might consider parting with

4. Naim that tune

Naim that tune pfm Member

I’ve just read a glowing review for the Audiolab 6000 cd transport, a bit of a giant slayer and cheap at £379

5. minimido

minimido pfm Member

Thanks for the responses so far.

6. Pipsqueek

Pipsqueek New Member

I have a couple of Trichord DOB (digital output board) based players - a Sony CDP227ES and Rotel 965BC Discrete Ed (the latter has AES out). I am though Midlands based.

7. zekezebra

zekezebra pfm Member

I have a hardly used (all streaming now) Bel Canto CD2 transport that has the CDPro2M professional top loading mechanism. It is powered by LNS1 external P/S. I would be looking at about the thousand Euro mark though.

hifinutt likes this.
  8. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

bargain !!

9. minimido

minimido pfm Member

Thanks for the offers so far. Still looking.

10. alan967tiger

alan967tiger pfm Member

Not sure of your budget, but the Moon Neo 260D transport is superb, RRP is £2150.

11. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Look to be a lot of sound options here. There’s one of those Moon transports on the auction site. The Emporium have a couple of fairly exotic transports in. Might be useful to provide more of a clue as to what would “suit”, if only a budget?

alan967tiger likes this.
  12. minimido

minimido pfm Member

Erm, maybe not quite as much as the £2150 for the Moon referenced above, but I could probably be persuaded to part with up to £1k.

As for what might suit, something of similar quality to the Theta Pearl I had I guess. I believe it was approx. £1400 in the 90's.

13. MotherSky

MotherSky Member

I'm looking for about £900 for the Perfectwave - easily the best transport I've ever had, and uses readily available CD ROM drives (abt £20 a pop) that you can fit yourself - will be listed with proper pictures on the WAM classifieds over the weekend (same username) - lots of info/reviews knocking about - MH