1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Horning Pericles for sale

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by thomas, Sep 12, 2019 at 7:09 AM.

1. thomas

thomas pfm Member

Hi I'm finally selling my Horning Pericles, finished in cherry, these are wonderful sounding speakers.
    They use a modified Lowther DX2, a Tommy Horning supertweeter, and a stonking 12" woofer (Beyma I think) round the back. There's a variable bass port there to play around with too, I've kept it fully screwed in.
    They work well with anything from naim to my homebrew flea s.e.t. valve amps I'm building nowadays.
    They are about 104cm tall, 26cm wide and 50cm deep. Condition is generally excellent with a few minor blemishes if you get really close.
    I think I've had them for about 9 years or so.
    I have been using Lowther based speakers for about 40 years, these have all the speed and immediacy of Lowthers without the tears!
    The only reason I'm selling is because I'm enjoying building OB speakers now...using Lowthers....
    Please pm me for photos etc. These are heavy but should fit a small estate car or somesuch. Buyer collects, I will not post these!
    Price, I'm asking £1600....

2. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

I couldn't find where you're based. Where would collection be from...?

3. thomas

thomas pfm Member

Aha I forgot that bit didn't I?! It was early.....Yes, very near Gravesend, Kent, about 10 minutes from the A2/M25 junction....

4. thomas

thomas pfm Member

I've sent some pictures to people. I bought them from Audiolincs as or after he was retiring/ retired, I think. I believe these were a fairly new pair that he had back as trade-ins for some more Hornings.
    I had heard some Agathons quite some years previously in the confines of a shop (central London), biased that I am I suspect the Pericles would suit the average living room better. My listening space is about 5mx8m but with quite a low ceiling height btw. They really do sound lovely, as the later Hornings do, fast, detailed and with good bass.

5. Spider

Spider pfm Member

Hi Thomas
    I PM'd you but haven't received any photos

6. thomas

thomas pfm Member

Hi Spider, I sent them to you about 15 minutes ago but the internet here is pretty slow.....hopefully you'll get them soon....

Spider likes this.
  7. Vinylnut

Vinylnut pfm Member

8. thomas

thomas pfm Member

Hi I have replied.....

9. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

[​IMG]

Do they look like these , Image taken from the internet NOT THE ONES FOR SALE

10. thomas

thomas pfm Member

Similar dimensions and look yes but mine have a slight 'bulge' towards the back of the cabinet to accomodate the 12" rearwards firing bass driver....also mine are a nicer colour!

No idea how to post a jpeg image here .....how about this?

[​IMG]

11. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Mmmm nice red X , I have sent you a PM email me you photos and I will post them for you

12. thomas

thomas pfm Member

That's very decent of you, actually another pink fisher has contacted me already offering this, so hopefully pictures of my speakers will show up here sometime soon....

13. htm_1968

htm_1968 pfm Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some photographs. Unfortunately they are rotated by flickr (which I could not sort out-hence the delay), but they should do the job.

hifinutt likes this.
  14. thomas

thomas pfm Member

Hi htm_1968 that's great thank you!

htm_1968 likes this.
  15. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member