1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I remove WhatsApp?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by stevec67, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Cesare

Cesare pfm Member

You probably want to check what services are linked to your google account, and remove stuff you don't want.

Try googling for 'manage third party access' and follow googles instructions. Basically, you look at the settings on your google account and remove stuff that you don't want to share stuff with.

jackbarron likes this.
  2. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Thanks, that's worth doing.

3. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

A small group of my buddies are using whatsapp for virtual pub meet. At the appointed time we all meet on whatsapp with our drink in hand for a video call. First one was last night. Next is Sunday 9pm - which is when we normally in the local putting the weekend to bed. The local boozer is 15 paces from my front door.

I do not recall using any google settings when getting whatsapp going on my iphone.

Gingerbeard likes this.
  4. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

We use it too. Photos and videos get through the China firewall, customers can send pics easily of their bikes and our products....I don't give a shit who has my list of phone or facebook contacts. It's going to get more inconvenient to get work done if that is a high priority for people whilst the rest of the world thinks so what and uses it a lot..

5. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Well, Whatsapp can only have 4 people on a call at once - which is a limitation.

So we tried Houseparty. Up to 8 I think - but god the quality is awful. How youngsters put up with I do not know. 6 of us struggled through a virtual pub quiz.

Going to try Microsoft Teams this Sunday night - that should be better but really needs a laptop rather than a phone.