1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

How Long Before A Vote Of No Confidence In Johnson Government? II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ks.234, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

The Will of The People™ decrees that Johnson is lawfully able to break the law if he should deem that the law is not in accordance with The Will of The People™.

DonQuixote99 likes this.
  2. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

When it's all over there will be a film version, Triumph of the Will, produced by order of the Führer Johnson.

3. thebigfredc

thebigfredc pfm Member

My guess is he is going to send someone else to do the begging - Gove maybe?

4. andrewd

andrewd pfm Member

Has anyone seen the wording of the letter that Johnson must use to request the extension? Does it specifically state that the purpose of the extension is to hold a GE? If not I fear that the rebels have left a huge loophole that can be exploited by Johnson. EU have said they won’t grant another extension without a clearly defined change in circumstances, for example a new GE or referendum. If this is not in the letter, then Johnson could lobby them to reject it on the basis that there is no end to the stalemate.

I am hoping that representatives of the parliamentary majority are having talks with the EU to explain the circumstances following a successful extension, eg immediate VoNC and GE.

5. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

Most people who voted remain have something to lose and are less likely to risk it all by rioting, sure they will protest but it will largely be non violent and they will tend to express themselves via the ballot box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.