1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

How Long Before A Vote Of No Confidence In Johnson Government?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by maxflinn, Jul 24, 2019.

?

How long before a vote of no confidence in Johnson's Government?

1. Within a week.

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Within a month

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Before October 31st

60 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. After a no deal Brexit

10 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. Not at all.

41 vote(s)
    29.7%
  6. After failing to deliver Brexit on October 31st

21 vote(s)
    15.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxflinn

maxflinn pfm Member

I'm going for within a week.

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

A successful VoNC? Also remember Parliament goes into recess soon.

3. maxflinn

maxflinn pfm Member

Sorry yes, I should have said a successful VoNC.

I'd forgot about the recess.

Surely there are some in his party that won't be able to stand by and let this simpleton **** the country?

4. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Johnson will go for GE blaming everyone else before VoNC.

TheDecameron likes this.
  5. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

Give him a break, he has been in power for 18 hours and hasn’t cocked up yet.

domfjbrown and Cheese like this.
  6. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Have you not looked at his list for cabinet? That's about thirty cock-ups, right there.

Priti Patel for Home Sec; Rees-Mogg for Leader of the House - sheesh!

irons1965, julifriend, kendo and 6 others like this.
  7. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

There needs to be one called today if it's going to happen at all

8. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

I'm inclined to agree. It has to happen quickly, due mostly to the Parliamentary calendar. A VoNC in October, if successful, risks a no-deal crash-out for lack of time or means to prevent it while Parliament is otherwise engaged.

9. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

He's been a **** all his life though.

10. wylton

wylton pfm Member

I don't personally like him, but either way, the numbers just don't add up. The house won't support a no deal Brexit and he just doesn't have enough backing unless he can pull off a miraculous deal at the last minute, which seems unlikely, given the EU's stance at the moment. So, with any luck, his premiership might be very short - bring it on!

domfjbrown likes this.
  11. JonR

JonR Brainwashed Bloke

He's already seen the back of Chris Grayling, so on that basis it's an encouraging start....though Grant Shapps as transport secretary? I don't know...

12. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Seems unlikely though.

13. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

It won't happen soon in my opinion, politicians are generally spineless self servers so unless they think they can get some genuine benefit from it they won't call it.With the opposition in disarray and the spectre of Farage and co. looming large it could well be out of the frying pan and into the fire. I think if it happens it'll be because he failed to get a new deal and wasn't able to crash us out without a deal so an extension is granted (again) by the EU.... so after Oct 31 is my vote, but even then it's a big if still. Remember these are politicians we are dealing with, a bigger bunch of self centred people you are unlikely to meet unless you go to a bankers' dinner!

jay likes this.
  14. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Decisive? Moi? Allotment calls...byeeee!

Still likes this.
  15. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

The Tories won't go for it. They're switching their attention to blocking no deal in September. Propping up BJ by calling a failed VoNC would be a catastrophic blunder

sean99, jackbarron and SteveS1 like this.
  16. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

If you haven't got sore tories - post cabinet appointments - to work with now, when will you have?

17. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Plenty of those I'm sure, but he's banking on them being cancelled put by Labour MPs not supporting their own VoNC.

jackbarron likes this.
  18. crimsondonkey

crimsondonkey pfm Member

I really can't be sure when, but it's a certainty that at some point his fanciful promises and magical thinking will be seen through, and Parliament will kick him firmly in the pants.

Graham B likes this.
  19. JonR

JonR Brainwashed Bloke

I think there will be some Tory MPs willing either to vote for a no confidence motion or at the very least abstain (or, as it were, make themselves scarce at the appropriate time). MPs who have already declared they are standing down at the next election, for instance, like Ken Clarke, not to mention the likes of ex-Cabinet ministers such as Gauke and Hammond who now know their political careers are all but over.

20. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

Labour will call a VONC after the 31st if we don't get out. Its the threat of a no deal that gives Boris a stick to beat the EU with. I hope they cave in and give us what we want. As Trump has said you have to be prepared to walk away.
    The problem for this country is that the remain/leave divide is right across party lines. A labour government would do no better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.