1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

How Long Before A Vote Of No Confidence In Johnson Government?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by maxflinn, Jul 24, 2019.

?

How long before a vote of no confidence in Johnson's Government?

1. Within a week.

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Within a month

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Before October 31st

60 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. After a no deal Brexit

10 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. Not at all.

41 vote(s)
    29.7%
  6. After failing to deliver Brexit on October 31st

21 vote(s)
    15.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

You’re the small-minded nationalist, remember. Not me. :)

2. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

You appear to be a small minded nationalist lacking the cahones to be honest about your voting choices.
    Such disingenuousness is the default MO of the far right.

kendo, TheDecameron and crimsondonkey like this.
  3. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Well, speaking as an unprincipled cynic and hard remainer, it wouldn't bother me in the least if the UK broke up. If I were Scottish I'd be voting SNP. If I were an Ulsterman I'd vote to join the Republic. Plus, it seems to me, Scottish Labour was effectively demolished long before McDonnell spoke out as he did.

4. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

According to the latest poll it is. With BJ as PM, it's hard to see it going any other way.

5. gassor

If you are a hard remainer then the arguments against leaving the EU are almost the same as the arguments for Scotland leaving the UK. We should be wary of small-minded nationalism everywhere.

ks.234 and Brian like this.
  6. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Have to confess, if I lived there I’d be thinking Independence. I really am staring to feel uncomfortable in my own country. It feels like I’m in the land of the walking dead from the neck up sometimes.

Me and Mrs ks are seriously thinking of moving to Scotland if we end up with more right wing nuttery down here.

There’s a threat for you, if you don’t vote Corbyn I’m moving in next door to you

7. doctorf

doctorf left footed right winger

I’m getting old so it matters little, although I could probably move to Spain if push came to shove.
    I just feel sorry for one of my kids who still lives in the uk.
    The other two are smart enough to live elsewhere (The Netherlands and Japan)

SteveS1 and Brian like this.
  8. Cav

Cav pfm Member

That's OK then.

SteveS1 and doctorf like this.
  9. Caledon1297

Caledon1297 pfm Member

10. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

You are aware that Scotland has massive problems, especially with drugs, life expectancy etc. SNP has failed to tackle these issues in any real way.

11. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

The weather is nicer in Spain but..

doctorf likes this.
  12. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

It’s the drugs that are the main attraction after living down here with the braindeadbrexiteers

13. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

The Buckfast is cheaper here though.

ks.234 likes this.
  14. gassor

Actually you sound a lot more sociable than the folk around here. After 20 years I only know a handful and we live in a cul-de-sac. You'd be very welcome and we'd take you round the pubs of Glasgow every Saturday night.

ks.234 likes this.
  15. gassor

There are a number of issues in the above article I would take exception to. I'll just give one for now; the comparison between Denmark and Scotland. As it would not happen overnight how long would the author expect it would take for Scotland to achieve Denmark's income level per household, 20, 30, 40, 50 or longer years?

16. Paul R

Paul R pfm Member

17. Paul R

Paul R pfm Member

Scotland is in no fit state to join the EU, and why would the EU want another drain on reduced resources?

And of course the UK including Scotland is leaving.

18. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Even a 'best-case' scenario would see a newly-independent Scotland at the back of the queue for EU membership.

19. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

That’s interesting- what’s your source material?

20. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Surely Scotland, a 'new' country distinct from the UK, would not expect to jump ahead of countries which have been waiting to join the EU for years/decades?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11283616

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.