1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

How Long Before A Vote Of No Confidence In Johnson Government?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by maxflinn, Jul 24, 2019.

?

How long before a vote of no confidence in Johnson's Government?

1. Within a week.

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Within a month

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Before October 31st

60 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. After a no deal Brexit

10 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. Not at all.

41 vote(s)
    29.7%
  6. After failing to deliver Brexit on October 31st

21 vote(s)
    15.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Don’t they make and sell quite a bit of a certain spirit as well?

Caledon1297 likes this.
  2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Here’s a question I’m just asking, I’ve no skin in the game, just puttin it out there

1. If Britain is depending on a trade deal with the U.S but that deal has to be ratified by both houses of Congress and the leader of one house says there will be no trade deal if the Good Friday agreement isn’t honoured in full, how does that work out?
    2. If the pound has already lost 20% of its value against the dollar and is forecast to lose more, how much will a chlorochicken KFC bucket cost?
    3. How long before we are self sufficient in food production and can stick it to the EU ?

3. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

From memory it's in the 60% area, so (as we'll be increasing encouraged to say) way to go.

4. Caledon1297

Caledon1297 pfm Member

5. TheDecameron

House of Lords report puts UK food production at just under 50% of what we consume with an additional 30% coming from the EU, dwarfing any other source.

6. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I found this summary...

https://www.countryfile.com/news/can-the-uk-feed-itself-after-brexit/

Apparently we're in with a chance if we stop eating meat and eat the animal feed instead.

Time to invest in the turnip futures market.

7. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Heard today there is cauliflower shortage. No doubt the wx is due to brexit.

8. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

We didn’t manage to become self sufficient in food during Churchill's Time as PM in WW II.

And believe me, Johnson is no Churchill.

9. TheDecameron

Senior Tories attacking each other publicly. Hammond is being called a failed chancellor for not delivering Brexit by the deadline. The attacks are coming from Cleverly, not Johnson who’s obviously taken the view, why buy a dog and bark yourself.

10. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

We’ll just have to eat that positive mental attitude he’s urging us to adopt. I’m sure he’s right and it’s all going to be fine.

11. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Yeah, well the roads go without saying, don't they?

12. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

Can we agree on Wet Narnia?

13. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Not a chance. Unless you like fish meal and rapeseed husks.

Precisely. Or anytime since.

Still, it's a solution to the obesity crisis. Nobody is obese in Venezuela. Every cloud.

14. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Scotland could add huge areas of forest by abolishing most of the grouse moors, get even more into carbon capture and renewable energy.
    The bare hills are mostly man made

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  15. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Jeremy Corbyn has urged the leaders of the other opposition parties and Tory rebels to install him as caretaker PM in order to stop a no-deal Brexit.

If he wins a no-confidence vote in the government, the Labour leader plans to delay Brexit, call a snap election and campaign for another referendum.

Mr Corbyn outlined his plan in a letter, saying the caretaker government would be "strictly time-limited".

Liberal Democrat leader Jo Swinson dismissed the plans as "nonsense".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49352250

16. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

"Jeremy Corbyn is not the person who is going to be able to build an even temporary majority in the House of Commons for this task"

If someone other than Corbyn _could_ get a majority should Labour put the country before party and ditch him?

17. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Labour will not ditch him. Swinson and others have a certain responsibility on their hands now - no deal should focus their minds somewhat. Anyway VoNC first then the negotiations

stephen bennett likes this.
  18. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Having rejected an opportunity to stop Brexit, and given her voting record on the EU....
    • voted Against or Abstained more often than she has voted For EU integration
    • Against referendum on EU membership
    • Both For and Against Rights of EU nationals to remain
    ...is Jo Swinson’s commitment to Remain heartfelt?

Sue Pertwee-Tyr and Snufkin like this.
  19. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The problem remains the Labour Party as it looks exceptionally unlikely Corbyn could get his own gammon onside to effectively vote against the Brexit they so desire. The suggestion I’ve heard is maybe more than 30 Labour votes are in play, which is far more than the number of Tories likely to cross sides or abstain, i.e. Labour would call and likely lose their own VoNC as the party is such a hopeless conflicted mess.

The current Lib Dem position is highly disappointing. They should join the other progressive parties in tentatively backing the VoNC, but on the condition a referendum with remain vs. Tory mess is the very first thing on the agenda. Any notion of a cloud-cuckooland Labour Brexit vs. Remain needs knocking right on the head as there is no hope in hell Labour will ever win a general election. The Libs, Greens etc need to stay tightly focused on reversing the hard-right Brexit project.

20. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Great excuse. Should have ditched him after A50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.