1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Andrew C!, May 25, 2019.

1. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

So sad to see the Aussies lose...

2. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Desperately sad ;-)

Andrew C! and wacko like this.
  3. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

The pinko liberal in me wants to applaud Cricket Australia for rehabilitating the recidivists.

I call my inner pinko Jeremy, and he's locked in the basement until after The Ashes. And i've assassinated Boris and Nigel.

4. slavedata

slavedata pfm Member

Interesting to see Australia vs W Indies at Trent Bridge last week. The "Sandpaper boys" were booed both on and off the pitch. I wonder how many years this will go on for.

5. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

I think if they play some good cricket and just get on with things then it will quieten down. If they don't then they are unlikely to be playing international cricket anymore anyway, and the problem goes away differently.

6. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Didn't the Aussies invent sledging ?

7. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Wow, Chris Gayle can field.....

Salamander likes this.
  8. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

SA have a point at least!

9. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

If I was Blackadder I would probably suggest that some sort of roof was in order.

10. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Unfortunately Australia managed to win today due to some batting mistakes by Pakistan

11. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Also appalling fielding by Pakistan allowed Australia to get a decent total.

12. Martian Sunrise

Martian Sunrise pfm Member

it was appalling field from england that let pakistan beat them - win some/lose some...

13. Alistair Cook and Graham Swan answering listeners emails on TMS this morning, "what did you used to think about whilst slip fielding Graham", "Cookies wife, Alice", he replied. Really enjoyable hour of radio.

Cheers BB

14. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Wood drops Gayle: unforgivable.

15. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

Good chance of some net run rate gains here. But two batsmen off the field.

16. Andrew C!

WI very one-dimensional.

17. Andrew C!

“Roothless”....

18. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

<groan>

I hope WI perk up s bit before next weekend, I've got tickets for them vs NZ.

19. Andrew C!

They are doomed. They need a pukka spinner. Their bowling is one dimensional. Engq beat them with nine players :eek:

20. Aethelist

Aethelist pfm Member

Reckon I must be the only person on the planet (who can lip read) but Gayle definitely called Root a Batty Boy during the end of match meet and greet.

They aint all that nice sometimes ,the Windies.

Glad they had it up em today