1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Ice cream makers

Discussion in 'off topic' started by richgilb, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Darth Vader

Darth Vader From the Dark Side

It might be what I use https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/what-you-can-make

Cheers,

DV

2. George J

George J Herefordshire member

Really, you are fiddling at the edges. I used to make ice cream with one of these.

A Gram GIF 600:

[​IMG]

At full tilt it would output 600 litres of delicious dairy ice cream per hour.

Then we got a new larger one called the GIF 1200, which would make almost 1200 litres per hour.

Halcyon days ... In the busy time we would be working one or sometimes the two machines for ten or eleven hours a day. Night-mare!

Best wishes from George

PS: I cannot stand ice cream these days!

3. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Here's another "necessity" to add to the list:

https://rotimatic.com/?gclsrc=aw.ds...AYASAAEgJkePD_BwE&utm_id=XY-09a5294534c795081

I see the price has gone down, they used to be well over a grand.

4. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

5. BTC3

BTC3 pfm Member

I've always wanted a Pacojet... Are they affordable yet?

6. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

I don't see giant dosa anywhere on their development roadmap...

7. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

8. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

9. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

More recipe recommendations, please. Just made our first one, vanilla, and it tasted like cold cake mix with a bit of custard in it.

10. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

My Authority says that Bourbon and / or Maple Syrup would be good additions to any Vanilla Ice Cream.

Mrs BM is never wrong on these matters.

11. Bananahead

Bananahead pfm Member

I am serving Chocolate and Beetroot or Pea and Mint to my neighbours on Sunday

12. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Bloody hell, you have a pallet of this stuff! Good work! Must be a big freezer.

doctorf likes this.
  13. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

We used to have a Carpigiani machine in the pilot plant when I worked for St Ivel about a million years ago, I was pilot plant manager so between that and the Mondo Mix (which made mousses) I was on the phone to the engineers more often than I wanted. The Mondo in particular used to pop a flexi hose so often that I bought a length of the relevant hose and a spare set of fittings that I kept in a drawer so that the engineers could just swap it out. Saved us a fortune.

14. doctorf

doctorf left footed right winger

Are they real arseholes?

15. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

without the right cream you are doomed to failure. maybe some frozen yogurt recipes......anyhow it sounds more likely you are going to poison the customers at your kids school fete next summer....I bet you thought you were going to clean up.....

16. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

It's no problem, I can square him up with a bit of veg fat, skimmed milk, and some carrageenan to stabilise it all, he'll make the foamiest soft scoop you can imagine and the kids will lap it up.

gintonic likes this.
  17. Unregistered

Unregistered pfm Member

18. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Bleurgh....

19. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

20. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

I make pink grapefruit and gin sorbet, all you need is a freezer a container and a fork to break up the ice crystals as it freezes.

Pete