1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS/SWAP] iFi iPower 15V power supply

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Maxbertola, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

I have the as per above, that I used with a Pro-Ject TT that's now sold. I now need a 12V good PS so if someone has a 12V iFi iPower and needs a 15V, I'd happily swap. It is, as you can see from the pic, mint and complete.

Alternatively, I'd sell it for any reasonable offer (it cost me €55 shipped from the Italian distributor on Feb 14th, 2018, receipt) plus some kind of agreement on shipment.

Thanks for looking
    M.

[​IMG]

2. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

Ok, I'll try to post a better pic.

3. loosend

loosend Subsequently unresponsive

May be worth checking the current output on it as it will be the correct voltage for an Aurelic Aries Mini and that would no doubt entice people as they are very popular

4. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 35yrs a Naim owner

Can it not just be opened up and turned down to 12v ??
    Most power supplies are at least a little adjustable...and that's only 3 volts needed

5. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

@loosend
    Hi,
    I am not sure I got it.. The output is 15V exactly and, for what I have seen of the Auralic Aries Mini, hasn't it its own internal PSU?

6. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

@Mynamemynaim,

yes, that's a chance. I could see if a) it has screws to give access to internal, and b) if it has a trimmer. iFi makes this iPower PSU for 5, 9, 12 and 15V respectively as separate units, it could be that it's a basic design with a regulation trimmer. If it's about soldering off and changing some component I'd rather buy a new one. Thanks anyway for the hint.

7. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

Ops, I forgot... Sorry, EU only.
    :)

8. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

@loosend

I checked better and you're right, the Auralic Mini has a socket for an external wall-wart PSU.

9. loosend

loosend Subsequently unresponsive

U would just need to check current draw, if it’s overfilled enough I’d relish it it and put for Aries Mini or words to that effect in the title, someone would no doubt want it as a cheap upgrade over the switch mode one supplied with it as standard

10. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

11. Maxbertola

Maxbertola pfm Member

I can't change the title of the thread. Who's interested will hopefully read it and know what he's looking for.
    Thanks,
    M