1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

iLoud Micro Monitors

Discussion in 'audio' started by droodzilla, Dec 20, 2018.

1. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

2. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Just seen this drood. I have a pair in my PC system and love them, use them wired though because of slight but annoying beeping noise from the bluetooth driver when they're 'asleep'. That will depend on the particular computer, but they only do 44.1/16 bit on bluetooth too. There's a new model just come out with an additional driver so they're twice the price, weight and size but I have it on good authority that they're excellent as well.

3. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Thanks gav, I remain highly tempted, especially as they're so portable. I'll also check out the bigger version.

I'm not planning to post much here anymore (I'm tired of cyclical arguments, and the unpleasant comments from some Remainers + have other priorities I need to focus on) so good luck fighting the good fight!

Cheers!
    Nigel

gavreid likes this.
  4. leonya

leonya Member

A friend of mine owns these, they're excellent. I'll be buying the new MTM Monitor as soon as it hits the market.

5. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member

Also consider a Topping MX3 and some small high quality Monitors such as Radius 90's.

Asonishingly capable, versatile little box.

6. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member

7. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member

8. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Hi drummer-dude. Thanks for all the info and the Genelec tip-off. The Topping box looks really nice and, funnily enough, I've always liked the look of those little MA Radius speakers.

But, as it happens, another member has offered me a pair of nearly new iLoud monitors at a decent price so I think I'll take a punt on them and take it from there.

9. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member

Nice one. Let us know how you get on with them.

10. Jason P

Jason P pfm Member

Please let us know - I want a pair of these as monitors for my slimmed down edit suite, replacing a pair of PMC TB1s. Very interested to hear how you find them. If anyone else has a pair they want rid of...!