1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Incident on London Bridge - Police shots fired

Discussion in 'off topic' started by lordsummit, Nov 29, 2019.

1. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Sky reporting a man shot dead after stabbing others on bridge.

3. bob

bob pfm Member

Another man detained the BBC reporting.

4. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

London incident. Someone will be along in a minute saying I told you so....

Rob998 and Alfie like this.
  5. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I said many weeks ago that the MSM is actually now Social Media & it is far more 'dangerous' than other channels. People are obsessed with the BBC but they are veritable saints compared to 'online'.

6. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

While I’d agree, there’s just been another one so it’s just a little bit harder to rule it out as fvkwittery at the moment.

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Any idea if it is Islamist, Brexiter, or just random nut-job?

8. Alex S

Alex S pfm Member

Police not saying at this time. My daughter was in London Bridge. She’s fine but spooked obviously.

9. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

There’s a fair bit of footage on Twitter of the attacker being restrained (apparently by the public, one of which removed a very large knife) and then the police arriving and appearing to have shot the person on the ground, but obviously no way to tell motive, context or anything beyond this. Sadly knife crime isn’t at all rare in That London at present, so could be anything really.

10. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

11. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

The BBC is reporting that a man has been shot by Police on London Bridge. There are reports of other people having been injured. They are "treating it as they would if it were a terrorist attack as a precaution" which is not to say that they think it is at this stage.

Others are free to draw their own conclusions of course.

12. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

13. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Film of attacker wrestling with man on ground, police pull the man away from his attacker then shoot him dead.

14. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

Well its pretty chaotic here even a mile or so away from the bridge. Police sirens going mental.

15. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

The fukwitery is the notion that its the Saudis mobilising an ISIS sleeper cell to get Boris elected....

clifftaylor likes this.
  16. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

A number of people have been stabbed, one man has been shot by Police.

17. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Just arrived home on a Boris bike. I was at Blackfriars, less than half a mile away. So many police vehicles racing in all directions, lots of helicopter noise.

18. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Police confirm it to be terrorist related. The man who was shot is dead. The area is locked down by Police.

19. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

Que? I just rejoined this thread after a few days off and appear to have strayed into a rejected james bond plot :)

cooky1257 likes this.
  20. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

The man shot was wearing a fake suicide vest