1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Incident on London Bridge - Police shots fired

Discussion in 'off topic' started by lordsummit, Nov 29, 2019.

1. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

Maybe this is not all Tory-specific, but a phenomenon of the times and its fast-and-fragmented system of communications. There are Nazi-like phenomena in most European countries these days, both on the Right and the Left.

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

No, it is certainly not localised to the UK Conservative Party. This trend can clearly be seen in Trump, the US Tea Party movement, Front National in France, various ugly right-wing groups in Germany, Austria and other areas of Europe and of course at home with UKIP, EDL, Britain First etc. It is a widespread problem and by purging all moderates from the party and ensuring all election candidates now align with the ethnic nationalism of Brexit Johnson’s Conservatives fully deserve to be seen on exactly the same page as these other ugly entities. That is before we even consider Theresa May’s vile ‘go home vans’ and ‘hostile environment’, the institutional racism of Windrush and Grenfell, the relentless Goebbels lies and propaganda of Cummings etc. If it looks like a duck...

The left are on occasion utter idiots, but I can’t bring to mind anything even remotely as ugly.

Alfie, Tony Lockhart and Mullardman like this.
  3. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

No, I won't, and I'm not. I have nothing against people from Eton in general but everything against racist lying etonians of which our PM is the leading example. He's a piece of shit and unfortunately Eton failed to beat that out of him, in sharp contrast to the etonians I've met, studied alongside and worked with. So park your sanctimonious remarks.

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Farage last night, on the ITV party debate simply shouted “lie lie lie lie” when confronted with something he had previously claimed and which was recorded and played on Twitter multiple times. His reflexive response is to call the person pointing to his lies a liar. Johnson is a fabulator with a decades long track record - he’s been dismissed for it twice. We are now seeing Trump style behaviour from party leaders in the UK.Trump will lie several times a day contradicting himself within hours. It’s a very bad sign.

5. TheDecameron

This could not be clearer-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-jack-merritt-father-daily-mail-a9228886.html
    “The father of a man killed in the London Bridge terror attack has shared posts calling Boris Johnson's response to the murders "beyond disgusting".

David Merritt, whose son Jack was one of two people killed by convicted terrorist Usman Khan on Friday, condemned the prime minister and Priti Patel, the home secretary, for using the attack as justification for a series of tougher criminal policies.

Mr Merritt suggested the Tories were using his son's death to promote "vile propaganda" and shared a tweet accusing Mr Johnson of trying to "make political gain from people's death in a terror incident".

[​IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator
    https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-bridge-attack-cartoon?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

6. billo

billo pfm Member

I do like the post that is going around Facebook
    America--"Guns can keep us safe"
    Britain--"Pass me that Narwhal Tusk, please"

7. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

And yet you are their biggest apologist, forever popping up spouting Tory/Boris friendly crap.

jackbarron likes this.
  8. TheDecameron

tomek, jackbarron, Konteebos and 2 others like this.
  9. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Am I now.

The prospect of Corbyn/Mcdonnell/Abbott/Momentum might bring me out in a rash, but that doesn't make me 'Johnson's biggest apologist'. What utter crap.

We all know that. And your point is?

10. TheDecameron

Well it’s a miracle because he was down at the GP, signing on, taking a local’s job as well as saving lives simultaneously. A few months time and he wouldn’t have been there at all. Priti Patel would have seen to that. Come to think of it, the other guy who wrestled the attacker on the ground wouldn’t have been there because Tory manifesto promise is to revoke early release for serious offences.

martin clark and wacko like this.
  11. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Turns out Spear guy on the bridge isn't our Polish hero but another incredibly brave individual.

12. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Dont let the facts get in the way-how very very new tory of you.

13. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Apparently our hero Lucasz didn't make it as far as the bridge because he took 5 knife wounds to the arm. Yes, 5, and he was still belting the guy with the narwhal tusk. Well done Lucasz and get well soon.

14. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

15. TheDecameron

Fire extinguisher is my weapon of choice. I keep one upstairs to tackle fires and use on any prospective housebreaker. Quick blast in the face followed by a belt to the temple with the red metalwork.

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  16. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

I've two mini extinguishers by the bed. I'd just go windmilling down the stairs, one in each hand, in my nuddy, screaming like a banshee.

17. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

:eek:

Tony Lockhart and Alex S like this.
  18. TheDecameron

Don’t forget the removed steps with the bamboo spikes in the cupboard below.

eternumviti and Tony Lockhart like this.
  19. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

20. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

Not as ugly perhaps, but a great deal of plot theories, demented economic visions, mindless anti-Americanism and a good deal of pseudo-political anti-semitism has come from people who think of themselves as "Left." And historically, a wilful blindness on the part of left-wing intellectuals and the European Left in general (e.g. the French Communist party, the left side of Labour, the Italian Communist Party) to the horrors of Communist dictatorships, the gulags, the takeovers in Hungary and Prague, the creation of bitter,grey, hopeless police states ruled directly or indirectly by the Russian Communist Party. (Sorry, I'm reading Tony Judt at the moment).

eternumviti and Tim Jones like this.